Calendar of 2010 track days

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
HondaSi

Re: Calendar of 2010 track days

Post by HondaSi »

Is there a limit to the number of people who can attend a COM tack day? (thinking of going to the Glen) We have a limit for SLMP, just wondering if a COM does the same thing, and how soon I would need to sighn up.
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

There are always limits to how many cars can attend, but lately the track events have been having a hard time getting enough people to attend and have been losing money. But, you never know when an event will fill up for some unknown reason. So it always pays to sign up as soon as possible.

Some of the reasons for limiting attendance include tracks limiting how many cars can be on track at one time, and not having enough instructors to cover all of the students.
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

HondaSi wrote:Is there a limit to the number of people who can attend a COM tack day? (thinking of going to the Glen) We have a limit for SLMP, just wondering if a COM does the same thing, and how soon I would need to sighn up.
There is a limit, but it's lot bigger than SLMP. I forget what it is, but it's closer to 100. Registration usually opens about a month and a half before each event and closes two weeks before. (The info is on the web site.) Usually only the NHMS events (and sometimes Mont Tremblant) fill up. The far-away events like Watkins Glen usually don't reach the limit, so there's not a rush to register like there is for NHMS.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

Anyone thinking of going to Monticello with the BMW club on 8/30? I guess its not competitive, but I think it would still be fun. Has anyone run with this club before?
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

HondaSi wrote:Anyone thinking of going to Monticello with the BMW club on 8/30? I guess its not competitive, but I think it would still be fun. Has anyone run with this club before?
not sure what chapter is doing it, but the event laura and I went to at NHMS was very well run.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

HondaSi wrote:Anyone thinking of going to Monticello with the BMW club on 8/30? I guess its not competitive, but I think it would still be fun. Has anyone run with this club before?
I thought about it and then found out that I would have to pay for both days (sat and sun) and the hotels in the area aren't cheap. O well... maybe next year.

I believe Russ is going. I'm not sure if it is with the Kevin's M3 or the Cobra.

EDIT: Oops, I was thinking Mont Tremblant when I wrote this. Sorry....
Last edited by honda8790 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

I think it is just one day with BMW club on 8/30/10.
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

I was thinking about that one - 1-day "HPDE" - registration is already open - $250 for the day:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 2A7B34245F
Also noticing August 30th is a Monday (the Monday before SLMP III :| )

As for COM events, I'll have to move them down the list - they require the MINI to have 5-points (supercharger pulley = "Street Prepared"), which will also require installing a harness bar
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

DaveVT02S wrote:As for COM events, I'll have to move them down the list - they require the MINI to have 5-points (supercharger pulley = "Street Prepared"), which will also require installing a harness bar
Actually, you're good with your OEM belts. Here's what I heard from COM:
There was a typo in the first revision of the 2010 rule book omitting SP from the list, and I believe it was fixed in the newest version. In short, SP cars can use OEM and other DOT harnesses.
Hope to see you at an event sometime (Mont Tremblant? :) )
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Well, that clears it up - maybe :lol: - Thanks for the leg-work, Dave, but could you let me know who you 'spoke' to? (PM if appropriate) I really want to try Tremblant, but budget is always a consideration (including equipment).

BTW it hadn't been fixed as of ~1 hour ago. ("Last Modified: April 5, 2010") http://www.comscc.org/rules/

Street Touring (X.) prohibits changing the S/C pulley >> Street Prepared (XI.) states must comply w/ Sec. VI. (Car Req.) >>
...SS and ST cars may use any DOT, SFI, or FIA approved harness. All other cars must use an SFI or FIA approved harness with a minimum of 5 points...
To make it less simple (now that the typo-thing has come up :wink: ), 2009 allows SS, ST, and SPC to use OEM belts - my MINI, though, would be SPB - 2008 sez OEM's OK; 2007 sez 5 points :rolleyes: - so, just want to be sure...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown