2010 Summer Track Blog

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
darTTh audi

2010 Summer Track Blog

Post by darTTh audi »

Lime Rock Park - May 21-22
Northeast Audi Club

2 days at Lime Rock Park for the first event of the season for me. Arrived the day before and stayed at the Interlaken Inn. Nice place, not a budget hotel, but everything around Lakeville, CT is $$$$ so I figured I wouldn't worry about it. We had to share the track with the Lime Rock Club on both days so there were only 2 student run groups instead of the traditional 3 with the intermediate group being split. 24 cars per group on a relatively small track was a concern but overall it flowed pretty well. On day 2 the instructors gave rides to a group of Vietnam veterans at mid day and they were all smiles after it was over, pretty neat. I'm not in the photographer league with some of you but here's some photos:

The LRP Tower:

A couple of Turbos, the maroon one was in my run group:

Old School Audi:

Blue Ferrari:

Trick E92 M3:

Mustang, didn't go on track, too bad:

More Porsche:

And of course, what is a track event post without some VIDEO.

There was unfortunately one fatality at the event. A squirrel was run over on the front straight right after the downhill in my second session of day 2 and he/she was unable to be saved. No, I didn't do it, but was there right after. The LRP track crew was joking around about sending the ambulance out to pick it up.
Last edited by darTTh audi on Wed May 26, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill R.
2008 Audi TT 3.2q
tiFreak

Re: 2010 Summer Track Blog

Post by tiFreak »

darTTh audi wrote: Trick E90 M3:
E92, the E90 is a sedan :wink:

sounds like it was pretty fun for everyone except the squirrel :lol:
Brendan Murray
SCCV #318
BMWCCA #405199
darTTh audi

Post by darTTh audi »

tiFreak wrote:
darTTh audi wrote: Trick E90 M3:
E92, the E90 is a sedan :wink:

sounds like it was pretty fun for everyone except the squirrel :lol:
Corrected. Mixed up the numbers.
Bill R.
2008 Audi TT 3.2q
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

darTTh audi wrote: And of course, what is a track event post without some VIDEO.
"Sorry, you do not have permission to watch this private video."
There was unfortunately one fatality at the event. A squirrel was run over on the front straight right after the downhill in my second session of day 2 and he/she was unable to be saved. No, I didn't do it, but was there right after. The LRP track crew was joking around about sending the ambulance out to pick it up.
You had me scared there for a second before I got to the "squirrel" part! That unfortunate squirrel picked a bad place to cross the road. The Downhill is not a spot with multiple lines. I had something similar happen to me at Calabogie a couple years ago. I was taking Turn 15 ("the Spoon", the sweeping downhill right-hander towards the end of the lap) flat out as usual, and I noticed a small furry critter sitting in the middle of the track directly opposite the apex of the corner. But there was enough room between critter and apex for me to thread the needle with no bloodshed. Until small furry critter picked that moment to move toward the apex. And then stop. Sadly, at that point I was committed, I had already turned in, my foot was on the floor, and there was no way I was moving any hands or feet. I said a little silent regret and felt a little thup-thup. Like Steve McQueen said in LeMans, this truly is a blood sport.

Sounds like a fun day at Lime Rock. I hope I can get back there sometime. I like that track, even if it is short.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
darTTh audi

Post by darTTh audi »

Dave_G wrote:
darTTh audi wrote: And of course, what is a track event post without some VIDEO.
"Sorry, you do not have permission to watch this private video."
Fixed. The default at Vimeo is now private apparently.
Bill R.
2008 Audi TT 3.2q