BMWCCA End of Summer school report

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
brownMINI

BMWCCA End of Summer school report

Post by brownMINI »

Sorry for being absent from the forums and meetings for most of the summer.

The last BMWCCA event at NHMS was last weekend. The weather was not great. There were snowflakes in the air most of Friday. Saturday was actually decent. Sunday was a light rain and cold, which made for a very slick track. Especially when someone dumped some oil on the line at the end of the day.

There was a club race school on Friday and Saturday, and a race on Sunday. Will Turner was there with Turner Motorsports' new V8 M3 Grand-Am car. It was stupid fast.

I have something like 1000 pictures to sort through, and I video-ed 6 of my sessions, so I should have some video too.

For now, I just have these two short videos from Saturday of a Nissan GTR.

In the first video, I watched the GTR go up the hill out of 3 slightly sideways, leaving big black marks from the rear tires.
http://vimeo.com/16130588

I should have remembered that the driver of the GTR liked to go up the hill sideways... later on in the day, I gave him an early point-by at the bottom of the hill. At this point, I'm supposed to take the left lane of the track, and he's supposed to take the right lane of the track.
http://vimeo.com/16130396

I thought the GTR driver made a pass and then aggressively shut the door afterwards. A questionable move, but I was willing to let it go as just an over-aggressive driver who was in control. The passenger in the GTR found me after that session, and told me that the GTR was fighting for control up the hill, and just barely managed to hold it together enough to avoid hitting me. Yikes.

I guess I have gotten a bit complacent after driving around the same core group of people for the last 2 years or so. I need to remember that I cannot trust everyone out there...