Top Speed Shoot-out at Loring (ME) Sept. 16-19

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
DaveP189

Top Speed Shoot-out at Loring (ME) Sept. 16-19

Post by DaveP189 »

Picked up on the CMC facebook page - similar (but they stress not affiliated) to the Texas 1 mile events - 2-1/2 mile runway (!) - interesting (at least to me :wink: )
Edit: today is the pre-registration deadline - 100 minimum entries, 200 max.; looks like they've got 140+ so far from what I can get from the forum link (below) ...

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.p ... 592.0.html
http://speedshootout.com/default.aspx
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
gtivr4

Re: Top Speed Shoot-out at Loring (ME) Sept. 16-19

Post by gtivr4 »

I'm not sure how exciting that would be in the Miata. Might touch 90! Heck, my tuck might just be faster!
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
lawdogg

Post by lawdogg »

Man, I would have loved to run in this. Oh well. Dave, you going?
Il faut voir pour savoir
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Want to Baaaad; budget eval in progress. An almost 1,000 mile round-trip (2 days of travel) + 4-day event (lodging and expenses) + entry fee + the prep work needed - mechanical/maintenance, including a very good alignment and wheel balancing, and I'd probably need/want some aero work.

It will most likely get some media exposure, so checking into some sponsorship...

I do have a buddy here in NNY that wants to bring his bike (Ducati Monster) and would van it out there, so that could ease the strain somewhat...

FWIW, Car & Driver tested the 2002 MINI to 139 mph stock / drag (h.p.) limited. Would really like to see what ~50% more h.p. does to that number - but if BMW built in the typical German 155 mph speed-limiter and I can't get around that 'economically' (re-flash vs. the budget) I'll take a pass until I can.

Of course, having an answer to the #1 question I get - "It sez 150 on the speedometer, how fast you had it?" - plus the "show" itself (gonna be some awesome machinery there) is making this a tough left-brain/right-brain decision :wink:
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
stig

Post by stig »

Ooooh.... this looks like it would be quite entertaining...