THUNDER ROAD ENDURO 200---SUNDAY AUGUST 7

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: THUNDER ROAD ENDURO 200---SUNDAY AUGUST 7

Post by pdudley42 »

I may be in need of a scorer for the enduro. Haven't quite figured it out yet. But if anybody WANTS to volunteer to be my scorer (lap counter), that would ease my mind somewhat. I'd be happy to pay your entry fee. The upside is you have a kickarse seat for the race. The down side is you've got to stay focused on a single car (mine) the entire race, which lasts about an hour and a half. Not too difficult but it ain't Bud Hill either.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I got 86 laps in the enduro...then a rear shock mount broke. It felt like a flat tire. I did one more lap and came in to find about 15 degrees of positive camber at the right rear corner. Good racing though, very fast. It felt like people were giving each other room, intending to take care of their own cars. Later in the race the full-frame cars seemed to take over with their bullying ways. For a while the leader was in a 90s Integra on new Azenis. It was kickin arse until a Monte Carlo completely destroyed the right rear suspension (and kept on going). Cliff made around 115 laps with his Accord wagon, then he pulled off with what "sounded like a rod bearing". His car is still pretty straight, so it will likely be back. Mine on the other hand. Jury is still out.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I'd concur that that there was far less contact this year. However, the lack of contact was offset by more instances of fire. At least 3 cars lit up.

It was dirty pool knocking that integra out.

And yes Paul, we could still hear your car over all the other ones. :lol:
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)