Karting anyone?

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
6speed
Rotary Nut

Re: Karting anyone?

Post by 6speed »

NHRCAR wrote:I am new to VT and would love to attend and get to know the SCCV.

What is the name (or link) of the karting location? My boys may want to attend too if they are old enough.
Welcome to the fun.

The place we historically went to on a frequent basis closed (the day after my bachelor party there... any coincidence, I'm not 100% sure) :)

The place I've been to several times since, and I know many of us from the club have gone at least once is http://www.kart-o-mania.ca

The adult karts are for 16 years old and older, but often they send intermediate karts (12-15 year olds) out in between adult sessions.
Jason Russell
1988 RX7 Turbo
VEMS Engine Management retailer/installer
jcollins914

Post by jcollins914 »

Sweet!

Brent: Welcome to VT. Because you reached out, I'm confident you're going to love these guys. If you think it's possible, your kids are probably old enough. Their web site : http://kart-o-mania.ca/en/index.php has some verbiage on junior karts for ages 8-12, intermediate karts for 12-15, and karts for 16+ (the rest of us). Cool car - we almost bought a V70R a couple of weeks ago. I had to remind myself a few times that it was for my wife, not me, and we ended up with an N/A one instead. It was for the best. It was for the best. It was for the best. Someday I'll believe it.

Jim looking forward to watching the rivalry unfold!

Jason, perhaps your youngans could come up and ride around w/ Brent's? How old are all these offspring?

Jason/Jim, your Saturday Please vs. Sunday Please puts me in an awkward situation... would one of you be willing to ski the opposite day some weekend, so we could favor one day or the other & include you both? I'd like to call them & find out what dates are available, once this is ironed out.

Thanks all for your interest, and anyone who is reading this, and thinks it sounds like fun... you're right! Get your enhanced driver's license or passport, (from the government, or out of it's sheath), and join us.
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

jcollins914 wrote:I'd like to call them & find out what dates are available, once this is ironed out.
If we're already soliciting dates, I'm mostly ambivalent about the Saturday/Sunday thing, but I can't do it the weekends of Jan. 7-8, Jan. 28-29, Feb. 18-19, because those are winter rally weekends. :D Also, I couldn't do Saturday, Feb. 11, which is the one exception to the Saturday/Sunday ambivalence thing.

BTW, my boys are 17 now, so they'd be in the adult karts.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
NHRCAR

Post by NHRCAR »

My boys are 12 and 15 and they would love to come. I am looking forward to it!
Brent Mathieson
2007 Volvo V70R
1995 Mazda Miata

98 Volvo V70R - RIP
04 Mini Cooper S - RIP
jcollins914

Post by jcollins914 »

Update:

I called Kartomania today to make a reservation and got voicemail twice.... So I conceded and left a message requesting a call back to select a date to make the reservation.

FWIW, overlapping the input I have so far w/ my personal availability, I have arrived at the following possible weekends. I will pick the first one that they offer availability on, presuming nobody replies here BEFORE I hear back from them and commit, saying that one of them won't work.

January 14-15
February 4-5
February 25-26

I wish Jim and/or Jason would cave and say they could make a Saturday/Sunday exception for this over skiing, but not having heard back from either, I'll have to let the karting place's availability preference decide on which day. I'd rather not consciously exclude anyone.

Thanks,
Jeff
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

Thanks Jeff! =D>

FWIW, Saturday Jan. 14 is a no-go for me, bit the other 5 dates are A-OK.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
jcollins914

Please respond as soon as possible w/ your preference!!!

Post by jcollins914 »

Kartomania returned my call.

Options:

1. 30 minutes of karting ($47/person)
5 minute practice
10 minute qualifying
15 minute race

2. 45 minutes of karking ($59/person)
10 minute practice
10 minute qualifying
25 minute race

My preference would be that if we're going all that way, we do the 45 minutes, but I'm a little nutty like that. For those who haven't karted there, the lasting effect on your forearms is not unlike that of spending quality time on a climbing wall; with the sweet addition of the few minutes directly following the action, where you just might feel like you're vibrating like a cartoon...

Could folks please chime in ASAP on which choice they'd like to go with, so I can peg that part of the details? If I don't hear back from a few folks within a couple of days I'll probably just flip a coin, heads = 45 minutes, tails = 45 minutes.

Thanks!
Jeff
Dave_G

Re: Please respond as soon as possible w/ your preference!!!

Post by Dave_G »

jcollins914 wrote:My preference would be that if we're going all that way, we do the 45 minutes,
That would be my thinking too.
but I'm a little nutty like that.
I guess that makes two of us. :hammer:
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

I guess I am on the nutty side. 45 min works for me.

I know you can't Always make the dates work for everyone but the 4th is the hillclimb banquet so that weekend won't work for me. Hopefully it works out.

Thanks for your efforts Jeff.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
Aczwild

Post by Aczwild »

Hell yeah, I'll go!
'11 Impreza STI - Stupid fun
'98 Impreza RS - The Autox'er