Karting anyone?

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
jcollins914

Re: Karting anyone?

Post by jcollins914 »

Yes, that's correct. Thanks for the reminder about the helmet. To anyone reading, this is an excellent point. While they do have helmets there you can borrow, they have many years and miles on them. There is also a pretty good reason they have a box of disposable hairnets for folks to use when borrowing them. In addition, unless your head is basically one size, (roughly the size a helmet shell is before padding is put in there), it's probably going to flop around a bit...

You will take your own helmet for granted if you bring it, but you will miss it if you don't.

There aren't really "helmet rules" like autocross/track/race clubs have, so if it's expired, this is still a good use for it.

Thanks,
Jeff
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Bring cameras... pictures so the rest of us stuck behind in VT can enjoy the festivities. Hmmm.... helmet mounted video camera!

:3gears:
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Great times. Thanks Jeff for putting this together. Arms are killing me but it was all worth it.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
jcollins914

Post by jcollins914 »

Thank you to all who came. It was great to get back out there.
Thanks for all the positive energy, --I saw many smiling faces, and look forward to next time.
Thanks Chris for having the GPS.
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

As I mentioned to the group before we scattered, there were several people that could not make this due to the lack of Canada accessibility, and they have vowed to address this.

Three people in particular have said that they'll get their enhanced driver's licenses so they can join us.

What this means is that when they finally do, I'll try to get another group together, even if it's just the 4 of us, but hopefully as many as had fun today, + those who would like to have.

So, I hope that you can join us for that, (time to be determined).

Thanks,
Jeff
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Thanks Jeff for getting this together! Nick said it best.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)