SCCV & Devils Bbowl Daredevil Races - Sept 15th or 16th

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
Aczwild

SCCV & Devils Bbowl Daredevil Races - Sept 15th or 16th

Post by Aczwild »

If you've been at the last few Auto-X's you may have seen the 5 enduro cars sitting in the corral. Those cars are for spectators of the Devils Bowl events to sign up and race others without jeopardizing your car. We've contacted Devils Bowl to see what it would take to get an all SCCV field in the 5 cars and what the cost would be/what the number of laps are and they have given us the following;

Day: Sept 15th (Saturday)
Cost: $30/per person + Gate fee - I would strongly recommend all SCCV'ers attend at least one event that they put on as thanks, plus its usually a good show
Laps: 5 from a standing start (I'll see if we can get more, but its a "half time" type show, so they limit it)
What you need: A helmet, long pants, shoes and a long sleeve shirt (and your drivers license)
Gates open: 1:30

This weekend's event is already sponsored by another group, however I have penciled an all SCCV group in for the 15th and they're trying to get another car ready (6 total). If we show enough interest they may be willing to run two heats. The event on the 15th is the First Latemodel Championship night (16th is the second), which will make for a good show.

http://cvra.com/DBwpblog/?page_id=138

If you're interested please post in here so I can get a tally. Oh and Paul, you're all ready banned for being a ringer :lol: (the guy I talked to brought your name up and said, "he wouldnt be running, would he?"... "Well you're all screwed....")
'11 Impreza STI - Stupid fun
'98 Impreza RS - The Autox'er
Larson

Re: SCCV & Devils Bbowl Daredevil Races - Sept 15th or 16th

Post by Larson »

Hillclimb weekend :(
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

It is a hillclimb weekend but I may do this instead...I will keep you posted!
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Aczwild

Post by Aczwild »

Damnnit, I figured that may be the case.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Perhaps I'm not reading internet sarcasm very well. Did they really say I can't rent one of their cars for the race? That would suck. I live for that kind of thing!
At any rate, I've gotta go to some kind of ceremony that happens a few years before people get divorced. I guess it's in a church on that Saturday...but I'm free on Sunday the 16th!!!
I'm somewhat less inclined to go if I can't race. But realistically, I'll be there anyway to watch my friends race.
Thanks for making that call.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Aczwild

Post by Aczwild »

pdudley42 wrote:Perhaps I'm not reading internet sarcasm very well. Did they really say I can't rent one of their cars for the race? That would suck. I live for that kind of thing!
At any rate, I've gotta go to some kind of ceremony that happens a few years before people get divorced. I guess it's in a church on that Saturday...but I'm free on Sunday the 16th!!!
I'm somewhat less inclined to go if I can't race. But realistically, I'll be there anyway to watch my friends race.
Thanks for making that call.
Haha, I guess you cant read internet sarcasm well, they were joking, but it was pretty funny he identified you without me saying anything. They knew you are an enduro king and figure we're all toast... I told them to handicap your car.

If the 16th works better for people, we can change days, just need a tally for how many people can/will come.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

If it turns out to be Sunday, I'm in!!!
Given the timing of the event (1:30pm post time) it may be impossible for any hillclimbers to participate...but maybe not.
When you speak to them again John (is that with an "H" or not), ask them how late the drivers can show up. Some may choose to divert their journey home from Ascutney to pound on some turd of a Crown Victoria for short money in front of hundreds of people.
I know this sounds kinda hokey, but here...in America, to be able to do something like this...is somewhere between miracle and dream come true.
For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, these cars look quite stock and have low-limit tires on them. They have the same design of cage in each car and they are stout. Mostly factory seats with harnesses.
The cars were a Malibu, a Taurus wagon, a Crown Vic, an Accord, a Sentra.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
EMEX5

Post by EMEX5 »

If it somehow turned to be run on a Sunday, my Dad and I would be quite interested in this. I get on Saturday a month off and save it for the autocrosses.
Shawn

97 Mazda Miata
tiFreak

Post by tiFreak »

I can do either day, I'm calling dibs on the Crown Vic now :lol:

EDIT: do you need to have any kind of helmet or would my M2005 open face helmet be acceptable? seems like a full face might be a better idea
Brendan Murray
SCCV #318
BMWCCA #405199
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

For the count... I am out. I'm going to the hillclimb.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)