ICE RACER FOR A DAY

Events that are not Sponsored or Organized by the SCCV.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

ICE RACER FOR A DAY

Post by pdudley42 »

AMEC, the ice race guys in New York, have a new program called 20/20. It's $20 for 20 minutes of track time during the regular racers lunch break around 1:30.
I love this idea: you get to use their HUGE WIDE course that is well-groomed, and track-day rules apply. No passing, just point byes, any cars are allowed, instructors will be available.
It's kind of like the practice days we do in VT but on a larger faster track. You can use your own car or borrow a car from a racer. You can even split the 20-minute session between 2 people; $10 each!
As an added bonus, you get to stay and watch REAL ICE RACING!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Serrilion

Re: ICE RACER FOR A DAY

Post by Serrilion »

Hummm... I'd be down to split it with someone or even someone to instruct me haha, I drive on pavement with ice alright but never been on an actully ice track haha
yea so a guy told me, "I bet I get laid twice as much as you," so I said, "Two times zero is still equal to zero," totally awesome.

#813 Ryan Fitz
jkale

Post by jkale »

Paul, what is the driving distance for these events? I was under the impression it was 4 hours away.
-Joey Kale

95 Impreza 2dr.-->seam welded/caged
w/--> 2.5L 6spd GT3071R+water/meth
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Joey, the weekend of 1/31-2/1 is at Tupper Lake, which is 2 1/2 hours from Burlington including time spent on the ferry. They also use Lake Algonquin in Wells NY (further south) a lot, which is about 2 1/2 hours from Burlington as well.
I'm going to Tupper Lake for sure!!! It's a 2-day event. They also leave the course up between the two days of racing, so once they finish up (usually just after 3:00) the course is open to "2nd shift".
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.