Automotive Service

If you know of a good auto shop that you trust, or you provide automotive related services for let everyone know about it here.
jefet

Automotive Service

Post by jefet »

Here's a semi-list...

$7.50/tire ---Tires M&B
BYOP- (meaning you can bring your own internet parts) $25.00/hr + shop supplies
BTW- it takes an hour-1.5 hrs to M&B 4--It takes longer to balance then mount, but w/ 50 series rubber and 16" rims close doesn't cut it (SSCV people would probably appreciate that) ....
Is there even a market for someone willing to put on other people's parts??
---I have heard of shops charging way more... People should just be prepared if they don't fit quite right...(like the universal weed wacker muffler)

Now for the I's.
I can dispose of used oil for free.
I always use a torque wrench on lugs-- typical 80 ft/lbs, unless otherwise specified (like F150's are 85-125 ft/lbs).
I'm fairly close to a machine shop, if needed.. (PITA wheel bearings, flywheel turning, rebuilding heads--hey I only have so much time)
I doubt anyone would want me to FI there car (or afford it) so we won't go there....
I do accept beer, Sammy A-reg and summer, Heineken, Molson Dry (or Canadian)...

I know I have to put another top on a miata next month, brakes on another, two clutch jobs, and finish the MS on mine, but nothing major ;)
DaveP189

Re: Automotive Service

Post by DaveP189 »

Hi there, still doing this? It is Spring-ish, tires and rims stacking up - How can I (we) get in touch?
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I don't think Jeff checks the forums (I know he doesn't check his e-mail). Tim W. can put you in contact with him.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

Dave. Shoot Tim or I a PM and we can put you in touch with Jeff. :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD