Windshield Repair

If you know of a good auto shop that you trust, or you provide automotive related services for let everyone know about it here.
DaveP189

Windshield Repair

Post by DaveP189 »

So I got a rock (or a stone :dunno: ) in the windshield on my way to the Brit Inv, and ended up w/ one of those little circle-thingies - about 1/2" in diameter, only in the outer layer - anybody know somebody (good-ish) who does windshield repair (that does insurance work*) around BTV? And if possible, somebody who might be able to polish out some sand-blasting while they're at it would be great...

* My insurance covers "repairs" 100%, have a deductable for replacement :wink:
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Mr. Bridgestone

Re: Windshield Repair

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

Burlington Glass. Across from Champ Car Wash on Shelburne Road.
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
RonLeBlanc

Post by RonLeBlanc »

check your insurance rules. some ding you with a windshield claim, but others don't. You don't want to do insurance on a windshield if it raises your rates. I had Saftilite (sp?) come to my house and do my Miata for around $200 (new windshield) on a non-insurance basis. Some installations cost more becuase of labor...Audis for example are a bear to replace.
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Yeah, Thanks - was gonna check, but haven't made a claim since I started with this company/state (3 days after my 300m got totalled :( ), and it keeps going down >> and I just (Monday) renewed the policy :lol: - it's all in the timing!

Am kinda considering leaving it 'til spring, unless it starts to 'creep' - it's small (< 1/2"), a few inches above of my field of vision, a little less sandblasting over the winter, and already talked to someone (a member on here :wink: ) who told me he'd pass it - er, it'll pass! (Inspection this month)...
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

There is always a coupon in the phonebook.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Phone book - phone book - OH, that paper-book-thingie sitting next to my 8-tracks :rotfl: (sorry, kinda a "superpages.com" kinda guy :wink: ) - I had a list, was looking for some recommendations, but...

Also occurred to me that - assuming I don't stuff it in the trees at SLMP or have another 'senior' tourist decide red lights are optional - a clean CarFax could be handy in another year or two :-k