Alloy Wheel Repair / Resurfacing

If you know of a good auto shop that you trust, or you provide automotive related services for let everyone know about it here.
Mr. Bridgestone

Alloy Wheel Repair / Resurfacing

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

I was getting ready to pull the summer wheels out for the Mini, and a gentleman came in to our shop who does alloy wheel repair and refinishing. Mine had some general curb rash, pitting and other defects, so I thought I would give him a try. He took the four wheels at 10:00, I had them back at 3:30. I asked him to go darker than the factory silver, more of light gun metal. He did an amazing job. The wheels look perfectly new, and are just the right shade. Highly recommended.

I'm not sure if he is looking to have people contact him directly or go through a shop, but I will check and update. I will also post pictures of the wheels, or you can stop by and check them out.

The best part is the quick turn around and he is a local guy, so that is cool.
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
thorton0

Re: Alloy Wheel Repair / Resurfacing

Post by thorton0 »

thats cool. i'm in the middle of sanding to repair curb rash and dings, then cleaning for repaint. what a pain in the a$$. i wish i could have had someone else do it.
03 jetta 1.8t
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

thorton0 wrote:thats cool. i'm in the middle of sanding to repair curb rash and dings, then cleaning for repaint. what a pain in the a$$. i wish i could have had someone else do it.
I was literally at the exact same point when he walked in. I talked to him, settle on the price, and he took the wheels away. They look amazing. I had a couple that were pretty messed up, so he had his work cut out for him. Nice guy too.

If you have ever tried to resurface, repair, and repaint wheels, the price is worth not having to do it yourself.. :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
scottrathke

Post by scottrathke »

Can you post the name and contact info for the wheel refinisher? I have some wheels that need work. Thanks.
2013 Golf R