Alignment shop / Miata

If you know of a good auto shop that you trust, or you provide automotive related services for let everyone know about it here.
EMEX5

Alignment shop / Miata

Post by EMEX5 »

Where does everyone get there alignments done. Not having much luck finding a shop here that can get my Miata to FM's alignment specs. I'd be willing to drive ride a shop that not only can do it, but allows the driver to sit in vehicle when alignment is being done. Any ideas?
Shawn

97 Mazda Miata
sachilles

Re: Alignment shop / Miata

Post by sachilles »

Try Josh Hess at twin city subaru. Last I knew, his shop manager was OK with giving him the time to a proper alignment, if the customer paid the hourly rate. Figure two hours.
He's done my alignments when he worked at different shop. As an autocrosser he understands what is needed for a good alignment and won't compromise. Check with him personally. I'll point him to this thread to clear up anything I've screwed up or if circumstances have changed.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
EMEX5

Post by EMEX5 »

I don't why I didn't think of Josh earlier. I'll stop by and see him.

Thanks Seth
Shawn

97 Mazda Miata
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Heard from Josh via facebook, he's lost his password for here and asked me to post on his behalf until he gets that figured out.
His response is below

Josh Hess Definitely. We have a rack in the middle building that is terrible (nice alignment software, just a really old rack) probably can't get on with a lowered car either. Now, Toyota has a brand new one sunk into the floor, in their brand new building, that we can sometimes use... I really want to start doing these for people again, I am so sick of working on boring everyday cars! Let me do some talking tomorrow......
14 hours ago via mobile · Like
Josh Hess Oh, I have no clue what my SCCV password is, feel free to post on my behalf until I set up a new one.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)