LeMons Volvo project

Discussion about automotive projects
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: LeMons Volvo project

Post by pdudley42 »

Do you guys have a spare kill switch? It turns out ours is shot and we just found out. SHTIT. We can get one off Cliff's race car, but it's an hour out of the way. I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps we could use yours to pass tech then put our failure back in.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

Sorry, I don't have a spare.
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

brownMINI wrote:Sorry, I don't have a spare.
Nor do I. I think the only one we have is in the cow. Unfortunately our kill switch is in such a spot that it's pretty much impossible to do a quick switch. It took us hours to get it installed. It would probably be easier the second time, but it's hard to say for sure.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

As it sits our plan is to leave at 6am for Headsup Motorsport where Cliff and Jeff have spec Miatas parked and poach their kill switch...and a transponder...and maybe a mirror. We're very prepared not. If you guys were pondering getting a garage spot we are on board for sharing one, or two side-by-side if possible.
I appreciate the consideration. We thought about a momentary off switch attached somewhere out of site to press while the tech guy kills the switch to watch it stall.
Again, I'm open to suggestions.
Good luck, we'll see you there. All of a sudden ...i need speel
Paul Dudley #42

Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

We're already sharing a garage with the Failbird team that has done towing for us, but if we get there early enough we'll try to get one on the other side for you.

IMHO trying to fool the tech guys with a non-functioning kill switch is just asking for trouble. I don't think I'd recommend going there.

Good luck poaching Jeff/Cliff's switch. See you down there!
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

fairly certain I have a new one you guys can borrow, if this message isn't too late.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

So we ended up finishing 7th overall and first in class (B this time). Another excellent weekend all around. The car was agonizingly slow down the main straight, but could keep up most of the rest of the lap. We only had one small glitch (heater core hose split), which cost us 10 laps or so early on Saturday. We then ran very clean the rest of the race and slowly clawed back from 26th to 11th after day one, and by the end of our second stint on Sunday we were in 7th, a combination of some failures and problems ahead of us and clean and consistent driving.

Theres a long list of upgrades to do to the cow to get it ready for Summit Point (WV) next month and then Stafford the year after.

If anyone is interested in starting a team, they are already confirmed for one race at NHMS next year (same weekend), and possibly a second. Well worth the time and effort!
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Congratulation guys. Way to recover from that hose failure and keep on rockin. Are there any parts you need. I'm looking to have my 240 sedan sitting on my trailer no longer than necessary. If you need something, it can stay for as long as necessary. If not, it goes to the boneyard.
As a side note, our supra, with broken rod, started up and drove itself into its parking spot in the field behind Nick's house...then he gave it the broomstick test.
The best part about the broomstick test: they all pass.
Paul Dudley #42

gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

Paul, would you mind if we took your 240, stole the parts we needed and then took it to the boneyard for you (obviously the scrap value goes to you). We wouldn't mind having a bunch of spares, and that way its out of your way.
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Nathan, I thought you'd never ask. How about this: if you have any steel scrap floating around, throw it in the car when it goes for maximum value. If you've got none, that's fine too. Come and get it. It drove itself on the trailer, and it should drive off and onto yours just fine.
Paul Dudley #42