LeMons Volvo project

Discussion about automotive projects
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: LeMons Volvo project

Post by pdudley42 »

We've been accepted once again!!! New control arm bushings, steering wheel, tires, and probably paint are as far as we're going. No matter what happens, the J-ROC logo stays as is. Cliff just dug it out of the snow a little over a week ago.
Congratulations on being the ugliest, or at least the most successful of the uglys.
I've still got that 240 sedan sitting around the corner of my house if you need any parts.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

How are the hood and fenders? We might need some!
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

They are as multicolored as they are imperfect. Nonetheless, they are plenty straight enough for LeMons.
Paul Dudley #42

gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Better. The right side fender definitely has a hearty dent in it, but it is at the rear of the panel and it appears that all the fastener locations are still connecting it. Now that I think about it, the previous owner did tell me a rollover story at some point. I can take a picture when I get it out, but that will likely be a week.
Paul Dudley #42

skivittlerjimb

Post by skivittlerjimb »

No pictures needed, Paul. Any chance we can "borrow" the right front fender? We promise to give it back later on if you still want/need it. :mrgreen: I think we might be able to hammer out the RR 1/4 panel good enough on the cow to have a new fuel filler neck line up with it. We'll see.

Would next weekend work for possible Volvo fender-ectomy activities at the Dudley estate?
-Jim B.
'92 GVR4 280/1000
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

What time are you guys getting there on Friday? Bev, Nick, and I are planning to be there before 8am. Collins and crew to arrive that evening.
Our car still has some work to do. It hasn't actually driven anywhere since the last race. We just got it down on its own feet tonight for the first time. The "Master" bushing kit didn't have one key bushing (it wasn't even on the list) and that bushing was shot. However, there was one leftover bushing we didn't change, so tomorrow Nick will modify this bushing in the necessary dimension while I remove the old one, then we can align the car.
The car showed us a gremlin Tuesday night where Cliff went to start it and it just died after a second or two and would not refire. Probably a stuc krelay but who knows, we haven't had time to experience it...yet.
Bev and Cliff gave it a bitchin paint job.
Do you know what the deal is with pit stalls?
Paul Dudley #42

brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

Russ is heading down this evening. The rest of us Friday morning. I was planning on getting there something like 9:00 or 10:00 am.

We dont know what the story will be with the garages.
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

Good luck guys! Have fun this weekend. I wish I could come watch but I have plans this weekend.....maybe next time.
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

Thanks! If anyone else wants to stop by and say hi to the two SCCV teams, it should be a fun weekend. Here's the info: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/usercont ... spectator/

Paul, I hope your car gets sorted out! Let us know if there's anything we can do. See you there!
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)