LeMons Volvo project

Discussion about automotive projects
gtivr4

Re: LeMons Volvo project

Post by gtivr4 »

I have some seat sliders and a seat. They are both corbeau. I also have a Kirkey race seat (much tighter fit, but might be nice for the race if everyone can fit!)
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

Are we registered yet?

LeMONS NEW ENGLAND: LAST TWO WEEKS TO ENTER

Time's running out to enter our only Northeast hooptie-nanny, LeMons New England (11-12 July at Stafford Speedway in Connecticut).

Hopeful and/or desperate teams need to file their online apps by midnight Saturday, May 2nd. Accepted teams will be notified the following Monday; rejected teams should feel a wave of relief around Tuesday.
For more info, see the New England '09 Event Page here http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/neweng09/
To sign up a team, go here http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/registration/
For see us pour clam chowder in the sump of the Cursed Mercedes, go here.
Cheerz & best--JL
skivittlerjimb

Post by skivittlerjimb »

brownMINI wrote:Are we registered yet?
Yes.

team concept:
-Vermont's fastest rusty Volvo 240 Wagon* -Upside-down Holstein cow appearance package, heavily influenced by artist Wood Jackson, Ben & Jerry's, and Burger King -Integrated FIA-approved, F1-style rear diffuser, constructed out of pegboard for ultimate lightness (already cross-drilled!)-We have no whiners on our team. We allow just about everything else up here in Vermont, but no whining. -Really, how many Vermont-based LeMons teams have you had? We're ready to bear the burden of that mantle of first Green Mountain Boys team. -We have nothing to prove on the race track, no egos to stroke, and no Walter Mitty-esque fantasies to live out. We do all, however, have experience wringing the snot out of cheap cars in the name of pure fun. -Sucking up and bribery fully integrated into registration pitch (can you say pints of pure Vermont maple syrup for every judge? We knew you could. Yum!) *(based on comparison to other 1992 Volvo wagons with black and white cow spot paint themes)
-Jim B.
'92 GVR4 280/1000
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

:lol:
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

Nice!
Nathan Dana
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

:lol: :lol: :lol: great one Jim
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
skivittlerjimb

Post by skivittlerjimb »

OK, guys. We'll know if we're in or not in about 3 weeks. There are 42 teams registered so far.

Time to find that rear diff., get it installed, and schedule a full day of wrenching on this car. There isn't a ton to do, but we know we'll find more stuff to do the more we get into it. We also need to see what can be sold from the parts we've pulled off so far, and of course we need to paint and decorate this beast.

My thoughts are lets at least get it drivable with minimal investment by installing an open, junkyard rear diff. and then see if we're accepted. If we are, we can then schedule the cage build with Joey K., run the car at SLMP, buy tires, etc.

We currently have a "good" set of 14" alloys and three 15" steel wheels. I may go by Rathe's on Saturday to see if I can find one more 15" steel wheel. We also have a set of decent rear shocks now and I'm told we'll have a good left rear trailing arm next week. Russ has got one of my Sparco Evos with mounts and we'll see if we can safely mount it to the factory sliders or come up with another solution. He's also got my PC680 battery hold down and I'll be buying one of those batteries soon that we can use. So far so good.

What's a good wrenching day, crew? May 2nd? May 9th?

BTW- please email me a picture of you at a some sort of car event. The less flattering and goofier the better. I'll be updating our team profile page with suitable silliness.
-Jim B.
'92 GVR4 280/1000
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/ ... post138492
A couple of videos for volvo inspiration.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

I can do the 2nd or the 9th. I have a set of 14" tires that still have some tread left. Would be good for SLMP testing etc. Just some decent Dunlops.

I'll have to dig up (read: take) a good photo of myself with the Locost.
Nathan Dana
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

I can work on the 2nd, but not on the 9th.