2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com
sachilles

Re: New project a comin'

Post by sachilles »

Managed some time on the car today.
Finished up the rear brakes
Mounted the fire ext
Changed out the alternator, and that seemed fix the charging problem.

Rear brakes are making a little noise, but I think it is the backing plate. Need to take it out for a good flogging to make sure all is well.
Just need to clean the stuff/tools out of the car and load it on the trailer and it is ready to go for Philo.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I was a bit nervous using Philo as the shake down for this new car. However, it didn't encounter any problems. It was fully capable of breaking out.
Ran great, handled great. Only two minor issues cropped up this weekend. Power steering fluid was low on Sunday, but nothing severe, and seeing as how I failed to check it before the weekend(or ever), I don't know if it started the weekend low. Issue two is the power lock button. Apparently if you hit "unlock" it likes to do the opposite and lock all the doors. If you hit "lock" it does nothing.
Very happy.
Sachilles
preach

Post by preach »

So, I work with this guy who bought a wrecked sti to fix up, he decided that it would be easier to buy a wrx instead of replace the whole front of the car mid front seats forward and swap the sti bits in.

WRX motor has ~80k and soon no home...

:yawinkle:
1974 914 Pariah, in progress.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Well, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to knowing how much he wants for it(and whether it's a 2.0 or 2.5). Though it's not really the best timing for me. :lol:
Sachilles
preach

Post by preach »

1974 914 Pariah, in progress.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Started prep work for the cage over the last week or two. Everything came apart pretty easy, which is a novelty for me. Doors are off, all glass is out, and the roof section is out, with a non moonroof roof set to replace it.
Spent a good portion of the day yesterday, cleaning up the metal where the base plates will go. The damn sound deadening stuff is a tease. Some of it came off so easily, that it motivated me to take it all out. Of course not all of it came out as easy as the first parts. I probably lost more weight in sweat than I did in sound deadening material.
I'm debating whether to go with poly rear windows or not. Mostly due to budgetary considerations. We are using RA/fia guidelines for the cage construction. Intend to be done May 1st, but we'll see if that proves to be true. I intend it to have it ready for Don to tech at Ascutney even if I'm not able to run the event.
I sure hope I can remember how to put the dash back together. I know I'll get it back together only to find I forgot to plug something important back in.
Sachilles
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

I took lots of photos when I took my dash out and I still forgot a plug.
"Why kill it? - When you can overkill it."
1987 Mazda RX7 GXL (Hillclimber)
1987 Mazda RX7 GTU (Lemons)
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Fortunately for me subaru sort of makes it idiot proof, so I'm not worried about plugging some thing in in the wrong spot. I'm worried that I'd have it together, then realize the blinkers don't work of something. Oh well, I suppose it is all part of the adventure.
Sachilles
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

For the most part still on schedule. Took car of some miscellanous items. Put in some ebc yellow pads up front. Suprisingly the old pads I used at NHMS held up very left and have lots of life left. I'll keep those as spares.
Trimmed some unecessary wiring, and pulled out the ignition interupter from the security/keyless system. Thankfully, it was wired in with factor plugs and such, so it came out easily. Still lots of wire.
I'm going to retain the factory glass in the doors and windshield. I'd like to wire up the window switch from the door and relocate it between the seats. Power locks will be disabled.
Should have it all ready to be tech'd at Ascutney, though I'm not running that event(working instead). Figure it will give me a cushion to fix anything that is quesionable at inspection. Then give it run at slmp the following weekend.

Debating putting on a shifter extension to get the shift knob closer to the wheel.
Sachilles