Looking for Leads / Ideas: Miata Replacement FOUND !!!

Discussion about automotive projects
DaveP189

Re: Looking for Leads / Ideas: Miata Replacement FOUND !!!

Post by DaveP189 »

Hey, I don't think my reply (FB) ever made it out to you - re: the oil pressure gauge. Ever figure it out?

I'm about to attempt it myself - that and probably some other critical engine function, like, oh, a boost gauge ... :lol:
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

DaveVT02S wrote:Hey, I don't think my reply (FB) ever made it out to you - re: the oil pressure gauge. Ever figure it out?

I'm about to attempt it myself - that and probably some other critical engine function, like, oh, a boost gauge ... :lol:
We decided it was the wire connecting the oil pressure sending unit to the light (had a short), because if you hit a bump it would come on and go off. So we replaced it with a gauge. I also went with the Boost Gauge (it is a critical engine function)... :D

Oil pressure gauge works great, however I have to run a new line for the Boost Gauge because it is not reading correctly. It says I never get Boost, only Vacuum.. I KNOW I have Boost though... \:D/

It was a bit of a pain to run everything, had a couple of small bits break requiring a trip to the store, etc.. I am glad I didn't have to do the electrical portion, it was my job to hide all the wiring and make it all look nice. I bought the package from Atlantic British, and it included everything. It came with Auto Meter Gauges which match the stock gauges pretty well... :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

I bought the gauge mount and 2 'cups' off a forums marketplace, planning on the Autometers also.

Marshall makes an o/p gauge that matches the MINI's gauges perfectly (including the orange backlighting), and has hi-point recall & low-pressure alarm (full face flashes) - but at $140 + s/h (!), I'll pass...
http://www.marshallinstruments.com/products/7473.cfm
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

Just waiting on a package from Bridgestone now. Got the Stock 17" Mini Lites repaired, resurfaced, and repainted, so they just need some rubber. The RE-11's should be here Monday or Tuesday. The wheels were repainted a darker shade, more of a gunmetal look. Pictures to follow...
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD