Talon build

Discussion about automotive projects
EvoKyle

Talon build

Post by EvoKyle »

Hi guys, I haven't been too active on this forum but I wanted to share my current project as I am hoping to participate in auto-x again. Depending on how fast I can put this all together, I may be able to make it to the final event of the summer, otherwise I'm looking forward to next season. I attended a couple events a few years ago in my old 98 TSi (below).

I ended up selling the TSi, and it went through a couple different owners. Over time it rotted out beyond saving. However, through a random chain of events, I was able to get a clean, practically rust free '95 shell AND save some of the components off what used to be my old 98 TSi. Now the process of putting the puzzle back together begins...I was able to get the transmission, drive shaft, transfer case, rear subframe, and suspension from my old TSi. This is the biggest project I've taken on so its going to be a learning experience for me, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

My old TSi-RIP (Its in even worse shape than this pic depicts.)

The new shell

Loading it onto the trailer

Unloading

Its new "home"

Let the fun begin!

Small update 8/7/12-

Replaced the passenger door to match the driver side.(Plus the white one had a hornets nest in the mirror which I found upon closing the door and seeing 4 or 5 angry hornets crawl out)

Installed the lowering springs/strut assemblies from the TSi

Picked up my old hood which is in surprisingly great shape. A previous owner put all the decals on the hood, minus the "Spirit of Competition" one...that one was mine from when I originally owned the TSi.

Hood and fender reinstalled

Mock up

Excess stickers removed

Next on my to-do list is to get the rear subframe put in, and get/piece together a 6 bolt motor.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: Talon build

Post by pdudley42 »

Looks like quite a project. Good luck Kyle. I feel there are not enough of those Talon/Eclipses around anymore, particularly at autocrosses.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
EvoKyle

Re: Talon build

Post by EvoKyle »

Thanks! Its been fun so far...even if it's only been a couple weeks. haha

8/14/2012 Update-
Removed the Eclipse taillights and put the Talon lights and rear bumper on