Cars and Coffee?

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
Niburu

Re: Cars and Coffee?

Post by Niburu »

that's good for rounding up the SCCV troops but it won't help you pull in a wider base of cars
2011 Forester - DD//1990 Miata - Beater//1983 porsche 911 Targa - Moneypit
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Niburu wrote:that's good for rounding up the SCCV troops but it won't help you pull in a wider base of cars
1) "Create an Event" on the page
2a) In event invitation, encourage group members to "Invite Others"
2b) In event invitation, encourage group members to "Share" event on their walls
(Not sure how else you mean to use facebook, other than a "pay-per-click" advertisement)

Although, in retrospect, the original discussions on this were to keep it very informal, just a little something to do on non-event weekends, iirc. A "wider base of cars" was envisioned from coming from being in a public, highly visible location - i.e. we discussed DD on Williston Road and using the Zachary's parking lot next door (where we have our meetings, so we already have an "in") before they open for the lunch crowd...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

This revival is not a club initiated event, just some folks trying to have a meet. They just happened to bump an old thread of ours, as well as other area enthusiast forums. It is not our event to promote, but I'm sure opt_ms3 would be happy to have help if anyone is so inclined.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
6speed
Rotary Nut

Post by 6speed »

I'm sponsoring a Cars and Coffee event. Many of you have already been invited through Facebook, but any car enthusiasts are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/events/259291320836679/

Sat May 26, 9:00am

Located at 158 Brentwood Drive at Colchester's Chimney Corners (right on the border of Milton). From I-89 take exit 17, take a left. Turn left on Route 7. Take your first left, across the road from the park and ride we often meet at. There's a huge "158" on the building wall. Parking in front or back of the building. I'm thinking we might have to use both. :)
Jason Russell
1988 RX7 Turbo
VEMS Engine Management retailer/installer
ryed
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by ryed »

We have an autocross @ Devil's Bowl that day... :3gears:
1991 Alpine White GTI VRT "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost "Tullibee"
2017 VW Alltrack "Betty White"