Best Kart track in Montreal?

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
gtivr4

Best Kart track in Montreal?

Post by gtivr4 »

Trying to plan my bachelor party for go-karting in Montreal. However I've never managed to make one of the SCCV trips, so I'm not sure which one to go to? Anyone have suggestions for the best track?
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
DaveP189

Re: Best Kart track in Montreal?

Post by DaveP189 »

For a bachelor party in Montreal, I'd recommend any of the "go-cart tracks" on St. Catherine's Street :wink: :coolbeer: :naughty:
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
8valvegrowl

Post by 8valvegrowl »

^LOL. Those "tracks" have huge.....tracts of land!
'99 9.3 - Torquey noodle-mobile.
'08 9.3 SportCombi - Family Wagon.
'87 900 - 8 valves of pure fury.
'91 Legacy AWD - Sold :(
'74 MGBGT - Stage: Welding project.
'87 4Kquattro - Gone, but not forgotten
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

DaveVT02S wrote:For a bachelor party in Montreal, I'd recommend any of the "go-cart tracks" on St. Catherine's Street :wink: :coolbeer: :naughty:
lol... Yeah, thats really not my style :D
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

If boston is an option, F1 boston is pretty cool in that it has a nice bar/restaurant inside the facility. They also have an outdoor facility at a different location that is suppose to be very good.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

lol... Yeah, thats really not my style
Doesn't have to be... bach parties are actually an excuse for your married friends to go out and do something stupid. :drinkers: \:D/ :partyman: You're just along for the ride.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
6speed
Rotary Nut

Post by 6speed »

For my bachelor party we went to Grand Prix, but that was the day before they closed the doors. If you want to chance the weather and it's in the nice season, SH-Karting in Saint Hilaire is an awesome venue. For indoor there's Kart-o-Mania off Decarie Blvd., also very fun, and then finally there's Circuit 500 near the Olympic center, but I've not been there so I can't comment.

We went to Peel Pub after and the gallon pitchers of beer were AWESOME. The food there was great too, and not very expensive from what I can remember. Then headed out on "the street" and that was ho-hum, but overall the night was absolutely fantastic. Just karting and Peel Pub would have been just as awesome as the whole deal though to be honest.
Jason Russell
1988 RX7 Turbo
VEMS Engine Management retailer/installer
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Had fun at Peel Pub also... had a t-shirt at one time. Walked out of there with a FULL pitcher (gallon?) of beer one night. :drinkers:

Van Wallen (cover band) was playing. Good times.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Aczwild

Post by Aczwild »

6speed wrote:For my bachelor party we went to Grand Prix, but that was the day before they closed the doors. If you want to chance the weather and it's in the nice season, SH-Karting in Saint Hilaire is an awesome venue. For indoor there's Kart-o-Mania off Decarie Blvd., also very fun, and then finally there's Circuit 500 near the Olympic center, but I've not been there so I can't comment.

We went to Peel Pub after and the gallon pitchers of beer were AWESOME. The food there was great too, and not very expensive from what I can remember. Then headed out on "the street" and that was ho-hum, but overall the night was absolutely fantastic. Just karting and Peel Pub would have been just as awesome as the whole deal though to be honest.
Like he mentioned, hit up SH Karting http://www.shkarting.com/ its a great place and wicked fun. Call in advance and request Competition Config 3. More important, like he also mentioned you must hit Peel Pub.
'11 Impreza STI - Stupid fun
'98 Impreza RS - The Autox'er