Vermont Introduces Bill to Penalize Some Aftermarket Exhaust

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
vwcorvette

Re: Vermont Introduces Bill to Penalize Some Aftermarket Exh

Post by vwcorvette »

As typed and sent:

Representatives Fisher and Sharpe,

Attached is a copy of H562 as proposed by Representatives Partridge, Burke, and Trieber. It attempts to legislate the exhaust modifications of motor vehicles in Vermont. I understand fully the nuisance that loud exhausts can be as a car, truck or motorcycle rumbles through your neighborhood, but find this proposed legislation lacking in a number of ways. It is vaguely written and counts on the subjective opinion of the officer issuing the citation. An officer who most likely is not a trained inspection mechanic, is not versed in the noise levels of all cars, and is not equipped with a decibel level measuring device nor an account of the acceptable levels created by all vehicles. In simpler terms there are plenty of stock exhaust systems that could be deemed loud compared to others yet meet this proposed change to the law as they are original equipment in nature. Furthermore there are laws already in existence that deal with what is largely a matter of disturbing the peace. Do we really need another difficult to enforce law aimed at a rather small segment of the population? Wouldn't it be better to enforce the laws already in existence? I hope you take this matter as seriously as I do and encourage your fellow Representatives to reconsider this proposal.

Sincerely,

Automotive enthusiast, licensed Vermont State Inspection Mechanic, licensed Driver Education Instructor, and an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master certified technician

George Rooney

Feel free to copy and use. Send this out and let them know how you feel.
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o