Rotary talk with Rob and Niburu

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
Niburu

Re: Rotary talk with Rob and Niburu

Post by Niburu »

6speed wrote: The FC is great, but it's not perfect. Getting pretty old these days and the plastic parts were horrible in those years. Though I have very little plastic left in the car.
I can't argue with that
I had the lighting switch go in my 90 FC and take the lighting harness with it
the plastic just crumbled when taking things out and putting back on for the guage cluster
highly unamused
conversly the plastics are holding up great in my 90 Miata

the main problem with all the switchgear in the FC's is that is made by Mitsubishi
2011 Forester - DD//1990 Miata - Beater//1983 porsche 911 Targa - Moneypit
Elmer Fudd

Post by Elmer Fudd »

ya its expensive to buy all the stuff for the ls1 swap too, at this point its moot, as the rx7 is gone, I would love to build a NA mild 3 rotor, think thats the only way I would get back into a rotor powered car, yup a 3 rotor miata would be mighty sweet. but again the money invested could be better spent.
sccv# 787
sorry for the spelling
Niburu

Post by Niburu »

Elmer Fudd wrote:ya its expensive to buy all the stuff for the ls1 swap too, at this point its moot, as the rx7 is gone, I would love to build a NA mild 3 rotor, think thats the only way I would get back into a rotor powered car, yup a 3 rotor miata would be mighty sweet. but again the money invested could be better spent.
I've got a friend stationed in Okinawa right now, were trying to convince him to send back as many 20B's as he can afford, they'd pay for themselves
2011 Forester - DD//1990 Miata - Beater//1983 porsche 911 Targa - Moneypit