'12 JCW Mini - Thoughts?

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
mjmurray

'12 JCW Mini - Thoughts?

Post by mjmurray »

Greetings Folks, sorry to have missed the Stowe AutoX, it sounds like it was an incredible event!

I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you much more mechanically/performance minded then myself on the pros and cons of the later model JCW Mini? I had the opportunity to drive one yesterday and it's certainly a very fun car.

If I were to get it, the Mini would be my daily-driver (I'd keep the Miata around for events), so I was curious to see what your thoughts are on sizing/practicality and winter handling.

I'm also very interested to hear your thoughts on the Mini's price to performance?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
- Joey Murray

SCCV #531
1990 Mazda Miata
DaveP189

Re: '12 JCW Mini - Thoughts?

Post by DaveP189 »

Do it. (of course, my 'impartiality' may be in question :wink: )

Winter is no problem with a good set of snows - mine's lowered a inch and I still get around fine.

Keep your foot out of it (yeah, right) and it will get 28+mpg around town, 35+ on the highway.

Just as big an aftermarket as with the Miata, but it is a BMW, and parts can get pricey.

The backseat is not designed for full-sized adults (but bigger than the Miata's, right?)
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
TSR53

Re: '12 JCW Mini - Thoughts?

Post by TSR53 »

You will LOVE it. I bought our 2006 R53 brand new and have enjoyed everyday, even in the snow, they rock. I just installed the 2009 > on JCW Brembo sport brake kit on my R53 - the brakes are totally mental. If you do purchase, join the fun!

http://www.vermontminiclub.com