Thought of you guys when I saw

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
Saabinduction

Thought of you guys when I saw

Post by Saabinduction »

Hiya folks, I haven't been around in the car community for about 2 years now. Money, falling apart car, and time just kinda made me sad and I bailed on all my boards.

However, I just couldn't help thinking of you guys when I saw this and wanted to share the link.

So.....when do you open it up for guys do this? *Snicker*

stig

Re: Thought of you guys when I saw

Post by stig »

So you ARE still alive. Do you drive through Waterbury on a regular basis? (and still have that 9-3?)
Saabinduction

Post by Saabinduction »

Yeah I moved out of Stowe and I'm now living in Duxbury. I still work at the hotel so I drive through town every day about 3pm and 11.

Still have the car but I've kinda dropped from the community a bit due to it needing some work.

How you been Stig?

You living in Waterbury now?
What are you driving? I see someone with an older (early 90's) 900, black, that's lookin' (mostly stock but) pretty good. Is that yours?
stig

Post by stig »

Technically I'm also in Duxbury, but just barely. I'm working at Snowfire... waved to you today while getting in the black Z3. I've got a white Miata now.
Saabinduction

Post by Saabinduction »

You usually park the Miata there? Maybe I'll stop in sometime if I see it out front.

All this car talk (I also said hello at saablink) got me interested again. Had a little bit of front exhaust issues this week and since I already own the saabsport, I figured I'd throw on the GS version 2 downpipe. Hello burble! I forgot how infuriating waiting for parts to show up can be..... :(

6 Month goal?
New turbo, timing chain, balance chain, and then maybe sending the T5 ECU out to Nordic for some go-fast software. :)
stig

Post by stig »

Not usually. Since I'm like 1/2 mile away I bike to work. If it is there it's parked out back.

Have you been absent long enough to miss the rise of T5Suite? Tuning of Trionic Saabs is open source these days :D
stig

Post by stig »

Yup, your car is currently pretty loud :lol:
Saabinduction

Post by Saabinduction »

The t5 suite had come out and guys were delving into it, but it was at the point were folks we're cobbling together home made interfaces to link up with the ecu and pc. Really only for the early adopters.
The reason I thought of nordic was because if anything happened they stand by their work and would reflash the ecu, or if it failed during the initial flash, they take responsibility and would source me a new unit. A lot of peace of mind

Yeah, car is absurdly loud right now. I gotta make it 4 more days and I have my days off, the new pipe comes from gs on Thursday.
8valvegrowl

Post by 8valvegrowl »

Nordic isn't worth the money. I've used my homemade interface on 10+ cars/ECU's and have yet to have a problem on a car. As long as the memory chips on the ECU can erase/re-write, everything works fine. I've only come across one ECU with dodgy memory.

Glad to see you still have the car!
'99 9.3 - Torquey noodle-mobile.
'08 9.3 SportCombi - Family Wagon.
'87 900 - 8 valves of pure fury.
'91 Legacy AWD - Sold :(
'74 MGBGT - Stage: Welding project.
'87 4Kquattro - Gone, but not forgotten
stig

Post by stig »

^One of which being my 9000... which I put ~30k on while tuned, and is still going strong with the current owner :3gears: