Thought of you guys when I saw

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
Saabinduction

Re: Thought of you guys when I saw

Post by Saabinduction »

Whoa, how's it going bill? It's cool to start seeing all the folks I knew.

Still not decided on the tuning. Might go with a non Nordic tune if it's that "easy" now.

This week is the gs down pipe and I also sourced a turbo to replace the dying one I had all this time. So that'll go in once I get it.

Tuning after that :)

I'm feeling a vt get together of the Saab guys :)
8valvegrowl

Post by 8valvegrowl »

I'm well Matt! Bought a house and moved to Westford, expecting a kid. Y'know, the usual stuff. We can talk tuning sometime...keep your eyes peeled on eBay for a spare 20MHz T5 ECU. Or talk to Nick @ Snowfire...he is a wealth of info/parts.

So you were still driving on that turbo with the frozen wastegate? At least it was frozen in the base boost position! :shock:
'99 9.3 - Torquey noodle-mobile.
'08 9.3 SportCombi - Family Wagon.
'87 900 - 8 valves of pure fury.
'91 Legacy AWD - Sold :(
'74 MGBGT - Stage: Welding project.
'87 4Kquattro - Gone, but not forgotten
Saabinduction

Post by Saabinduction »

Oh no, that stock wastegate actuator was frozen shut. :3gears:

I replaced it with a ForgedMotorsport one and THAT's running base boost :)
I knew it was base boost as soon as the turbo went back into the car and I started driving, and figured with the turbo still being fubar'd it made sense to leave it dialed back until I replaced it or had it re-rebuilt. I hadn't bothered to dial in the FM actuator but will once the "new" turbo goes in this month.

As for the ECU, there are several 99 9-3's getting parted out at saablink so I might see if I can score one them.

You got rid of the 'baru of doom? Looks like you replaced it with an audi. Good find!

What type of schedule you running? I'm thinking in a little bit about throwing a get-together up, nothing crazy, just a meet and greet at a local pub or something.

Damn I'm starting to get excited about the prospect of owning something faster than a corolla again...... :drive1: