Driveline shops in Vermont?

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
Dave_G

Driveline shops in Vermont?

Post by Dave_G »

Does anyone know of anyone in Vermont (or NH or NY if we have to) that does good custom work with drive shafts? We're looking to have a custom drive shaft made for our Volvo LeMons racer.

To make a long story short, we added a turbo to our B230F-powered Volvo 262C, which makes lots of power and makes it go very fast. Unfortunately, it also blows up Volvo transmissions, as I discovered accelerating out of a second-gear turn at our last race. There was a very exciting KABOOM! followed by lots of loud crunching noises, followed by lack of movemennt.

So we followed the usual solution to this problem and swapped in a T5 transmission from a 5.0 Mustang. It fits fine, but now we need to attach a Ford slip yoke (which we have) to the front of our Volvo drive shaft to make it all work. Any ideas for who could do this reliably?
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
vtgti

Re: Driveline shops in Vermont?

Post by vtgti »

Last I heard, Charlebois truck parts offered this service.
1982 BMW 320i
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Ditto what Chris said.

If it doesn't have to be local, then the driveshaftshop.com
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

Anyone have any recent experience with Charlebois? I was asking a local shop here who told me they used to use them all the time because they used to do great work, but not so much any more after a key guy left. And yeah, given that our race is 12 days away, it needs to be local enough to drive to.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)