WEIRDEST CAR SALE SINCE I BOUGHT A CAR FROM A DEAD WOMAN

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

WEIRDEST CAR SALE SINCE I BOUGHT A CAR FROM A DEAD WOMAN

Post by pdudley42 »

I have an idea.
I know, spooky way to begin a post. Hear me out.
My 91 Miata has outgrown its usefulness in my driveway...and it has a leaking gas tank.
I don't really want to sell it because it still drives. I just don't need it and the driveway is looking pretty stuffed these days...and now it smells like gas too.
It has many good parts on it; worth way more than the sum of said parts. But it makes no sense to part out a car that is still drivable, right?
So I'm looking for the right candidate to "give" this car to, with the "Indian-giver clause". Don't know what that means...look it up and use your imagination.
I picture the scenario like this: I give you the car, with a spare leaking gas tank that has been off the car for over a year so it can now be welded to a state of non-leakiness and installed by you or your mechanic. Great, now you have a Miata! Then we add your name to the title so you can insure the car legally and drive it till.....?
The time I am most likely to want to use it (along with you the proud new "owner") will be during the ice racing season, when you will benefit most by way of access to all the good ice tires and the welded rear end sitting in my garage.
So if you are, think you are, or know who is, the perfect candidate, please speak up before I start cutting pieces off of it.
It runs & drives fine, is a 5 speed with viscous LSD, new front brakes, roll bar, hydraulic handbrake, and a custom salt-induced weight reduction program I started it on when I bought the car in 2005; driven every winter since. Current mileage reads 207,732.
If you can think of any other equally awesome idea of how to see this car used, let me know.
As for the car purchased from a dead woman; that's a whole other story...
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
EMEX5

Re: WEIRDEST CAR SALE SINCE I BOUGHT A CAR FROM A DEAD WOMAN

Post by EMEX5 »

Paul,

Sent you a message on FB. My Dad would be a perfect candidate for this. I'm moving back to Florida in two weeks and I'd love to see him stay active with the club and give him a project to work on at the same time.

Feel free to call or text me 802-777-5770

Shawn
Shawn

97 Mazda Miata