Future autocrosses at sugarbush

General information about the club (not to be confused with discussions forum)!
sachilles

Future autocrosses at sugarbush

Post by sachilles »

So I just talked with some of the higher ups.
The liked us, they really liked us.

So, here is what is going on.
They said they'd be happy to have us back more often, providing its not a conflict with other events. So that means Sundays are real good anyway.
I brought up the facility fee.
I said that $750 for two days for that event was decent, but we can't afford to do that every time....and we'd only be doing one day events.
So they are going to work on pricing. I'm going to push towards free if I can make it work...but I doubt free is going to happen.
If I can get them to do $200-300 per event, is that doable?
If we only have 20 people show for an event, we'd have to charge a $15 premium to cover that cost.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

I think it would be wonderful to have more events at Sugarbush. Let's say the fee was $300.00. Our members pay $20.00, and non-members pay $25.00 (standard pricing). If we got 40 cars, at the member rate, it would be $800.00 in... So a profit of $500.00. Not to shabby, there are of course hidden costs in every event, and VTC is 100% profit. But, I think with the size and location of Sugarbush, we could draw more, and handle more than 40 cars. Response and feedback from all concerned with the GMPC was awesome, so the next event would have a HUGE draw. Personally, I'd like to see at least 2 more events at Sugarbush... :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

insurance isn't free
So make sure you factor that in.
Sachilles
Mr. Bridgestone

I knew I was forgetting something>> :shock:
SCCV # 71
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

I'd much rather have events at Sugarbush than at VTC. Even if the Sugarbush lot is slippery and slanted. :lol:

I'm more than a little surprised that they didn't say "never again". Not because of any problems that occurred, but just because of the noise / distraction / marks left on the pavement / etc.

We all owe Seth a huge thank you for the work he did not only organizing the SCCV side of the event, but keeping the Sugarbush side happy.

I'd gladly pay a $15 or so premium (over the normal fee) for a Sugarbush event.
MX5 Driver
SCCV Webmaster
SCCV Webmaster

Post by MX5 Driver »

Seth,
I don't remember if you were around when we were talking to the CMC folks about the cost of their lots. They were saying that they don't rent or pay for the use of the lots they run in. Instead, they offer donations to a charity, I believe of the lot owners choice. Maybe this is something Sugarbush would go for.
Tim W.
SCCV #72
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

if we have to start paying a fee for the lot I think we would have to raise rates. to do 20/25 is not putting enough of a margin in there for breaking even. That said we also have to think about other costs as well. Laptop, cones, timing equipment, bigger trailer at some point soon, and what ever else. we dont need to make a killing, but we dont make a lot at the VTC autoXs either so to add another 300+ dollar expense and not try and cover it would not be good. I do think 300 would be doable, but would be about the limit.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I just met with one of the owners that calls the shots relative to the parking lot.
Here is what we have to work with.
He will allow up to four events a year. We already have one used.

Its looks like the folks at OctoberFast are booking with the resort, and want an autocross.....but I think they wanted to run that through SCCV. If that comes to be, that leaves two events for the remainder of the time until snow flies.
Price was not discussed, just the permission to use the lot.
However, it was discussed that it will NOT be free.....

I need to talk to the sales folks. I like the idea of offering $10 per entrant as our site fee. Pass that cost on to the entrant, so member fee would be $30.
So if we have a rainy day and only 20 people show, we owe $200.
If 60 people show we owe $600. This way we can always cover our cost of the site by the entry fee.

Does this sound reasonable?
Sachilles
Mr. Bridgestone

I like it. Especially if we can get them to agree to the $10.00 per entrant idea. I think that's reasonable and doesn't leave us on the hook for a huge lot rental fee if we have a poor turnout (not very likely at Sugarbush). :D
SCCV # 71
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

I like that idea. This way it could encourage Sugarbush to promote things a little as well. Now we just have to figure out what events to have there.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70