Membership Email

General information about the club (not to be confused with discussions forum)!
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

I disagree. Not everyone lives close enough to Burlington to attend meetings, and not everyone wants to keep up with pages of forum chat to see what's going on, or check a web page every day when it only changes once in a while. Also, some people don't have broad-band web access.

Sending out three emails a year (when SLMP registration opens) is not a huge task.

BTW, I've sent an email out to Nate Hine, who is eager to attend with his 16-year-old son. I think they would like to run karts, so watch out Eric! :)
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

Dave_G wrote:BTW, I've sent an email out to Nate Hine, who is eager to attend with his 16-year-old son. I think they would like to run karts, so watch out Eric! :)
The more the merrier... :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Dave_G wrote:I disagree. Not everyone lives close enough to Burlington to attend meetings, and not everyone wants to keep up with pages of forum chat to see what's going on, or check a web page every day when it only changes once in a while. Also, some people don't have broad-band web access.

Sending out three emails a year (when SLMP registration opens) is not a huge task.

BTW, I've sent an email out to Nate Hine, who is eager to attend with his 16-year-old son. I think they would like to run karts, so watch out Eric! :)
I have no problems sending out an email for SLMP as a reminder, and dont think its a bad idea. People also need to do their part as well. If they want to recieve an email they should sign up for the forums to receive it. We are also not talking about keeping up with the forums. Simply checking the website and forums for the info they seek. when an event is coming we post an anoucement about the event, and try and have it on the website. perhaps we need post more info on the site. I know I have a habit of not checking to see whats up there. I mostly check the forums.

I did recieve an email from Nate Hine about autoX. Unfortunately he doesnt get his license til 2 days after the July 22 autoX. But that does mean he can make the rest of the events.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70