Membership Email

General information about the club (not to be confused with discussions forum)!
STI NICK

Membership Email

Post by STI NICK »

Not sure how we do it, so is it possible someone could send out an email to the membership about SLMP II registration being open.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

admin panel
Mass E-mail on the left side
Select all users
Type message.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

I think this should be a regular checklist item for each SLMP event. Someone was just asking me if they joined the club, would they get automatic announcements when SLMP registration was open?
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

Did the SLMP email get sent to all SCCV members (with email address, anyway), or all forum users?

The reason this got started was Nick Goldberg told me he doesn't check the forums regularly and wanted to know how he could find out when registration opened. I guess that means Nick has a forum user and got the email either way, but...

Anything to keep the complaints away is good.
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

The thing is we dont really have mass email set up for the whole club to my knowledge. Most people dont give us their email anyway. More and More are, but we have based the club mostly on the forums, and the website.

Maybe we can tell people they need to sign up in the forums to recieve emails on events. This way the ball is in their court if they want to receive emails, and they dont have to check the forums.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Yes the email was sent out to everyone that is on the forums. i will email Nick Goldburg tonight. I think we should make an anouncement that people need to sign up on the forums to at least get email updates. I went through the database once to try and send out a mass email to people and got 80% of them back and it sucked trying to send it out to everyone. No plans of doing it again, unless there is a better way.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

I received the message twice.. :D
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Mr. Bridgestone wrote:I received the message twice.. :D
I hit the button and it just sat there spinning its wheels and got frustrated so I hit the button again and it went through twice. DOH
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

sent email to paul mello and nick Goldburg. Is there anyone else that people can think of that would benefit from a notification email for now til we get the whole mass email thing squared away?
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

The membership needs to do their part by being involved with the club; we should not have to stop by their house to tell them how to entertain themselves. They need to get on the forums, come to the meetings, etc. Mass e-mail once in a while is fine for big changes, etc., but we need to communicate to the membership where to get information (where THEY can PULL the information from): website and forums.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar