Minor Release forms.

General information about the club (not to be confused with discussions forum)!
MX5 Driver
SCCV Webmaster
SCCV Webmaster

Minor Release forms.

Post by MX5 Driver »

For those Board members that were not at the event this past weekend. We had tree pre-18 drivers show up excited to drive, and they had no idea they needed to have a Parental Consent / Minor Release form signed by their parents. They called their parents and meet them half way to get the forms signed and returned to drive in the event.

When I spoke with them they did state that they had checked out the website and there is nothing there about drivers under 18 needing these forms. They were a bit bummed, but understood why we needed the forms.

Dave can you add some info on this to the website some where that is fairly prominent for all SCCV events?

Also, Seth informed me of some "high speed" driving of one of these individuals on the way to our event. He did speak with them about it and how it reflects poorly on our Club. I also spoke with them for a bit about it and if it was seen again, they would be asked to leave and would probably not be allowed to participate in future events. They were attentive and seemed to understand our point. Hopefully they remember it....
Tim W.
SCCV #72
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

I've added a note to the Events page indicating that drivers under 18 need to have the form signed.

I would also like to add something about the minimum age requirement for driving in our events, but I'm not sure what it is. What about someone under 16 with a go-kart?

Is a driver's license required? What about someone over 16 but who doesn't have a driver's license?

As soon as I have all the correct info I can add it to the web site too.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

A person participating in any SCCV event must hold a valid drivers license no matter what they are driving. Any person under the age of 18 my have a parental consent form signed. Everyone has to sign the insurance waiver. No person under the age 16 can participate. Granted they wouldnt have a license anyway. O well.

I think that sums it up. Did I answer all questions?? :blah:
Last edited by STI NICK on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

I thought the minimum age for our events was 16. I also thought you had to have a valid driver's license irregardless of your age.. I could be wrong... :roll:
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

Thanks guys. I'll put that info on the web site as well.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Glad to help.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70