board discussion of SLMP registration minutiae (the split)

General information about the club (not to be confused with discussions forum)!
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

I think all the people discussing SLMP registration in the SLMP II thread are board members, so I'm splitting that discussion to over here.

Well crap! I cannot find a button to move posts. Can someone please do it for me (and the rest of the club). Nevermind, I figured it out.

Do we really need to muddy the waters complaining about what is pretty much a non-issue?

Paul Mello sent a check to register for all three SLMP events (more or less). Yes, it's wrong. But someone on the board said "it's okay" and I'm pretty sure the check has been cashed.

Brian Lalor registered for SLMP I and wound up not being able to make it. A decision was made to apply his payment to SLMP III.

We've got rules. We've got extenuating circumstances. It has yet to truly be a problem.

rant over (for now :twisted: )
brownMINI

Post by brownMINI »

I wrote the address on my envelope with the envelope upside down. Is my registration going to be accepted? :roll:
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

there is no muddying of the water going on. its a simple discussion. I spoke with Ros and we cleared things up with longer discussion. My only reasoning is that yes there are extenuating circumstances, but they need to be kept to the board members and not the public. This will keep certain people from trying to bend the rules. I just dont want bending the rules to be a habit.

There is no issue with Paul or Brian. We kept paul's check, but he still needs to send in the forms when reg opens. Brian just needs to show up.

oh Ros I need to get a check from you for insurance.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
Miss Miata

Post by Miss Miata »

STI NICK wrote:oh Ros I need to get a check from you for insurance.
I will mail you one to your house. That is the easiest way for me since I work two jobs.
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

Miss Miata wrote:I will mail you one to your house. That is the easiest way for me since I work two jobs.
I need to talk to Mary... :wink:
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Miss Miata wrote:
I will mail you one to your house. That is the easiest way for me since I work two jobs.
Sounds good.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
MX5 Driver
SCCV Webmaster
SCCV Webmaster

Post by MX5 Driver »

Miss Miata wrote:
NO!! Just leave it on the counter and he can come get it and drink some beers and play pool.... :partyman:
Tim W.
SCCV #72
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

MX5 Driver wrote:
Miss Miata wrote:
NO!! Just leave it on the counter and he can come get it and drink some beers and play pool.... :partyman:
This is just getting worse and worse. name the time.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
MX5 Driver
SCCV Webmaster
SCCV Webmaster

Post by MX5 Driver »

Ok, back on topic. I would propose that for all future events that the SCCV holds that require pre-registration, that we make an announcement BEFORE registration opens.

Example:
  • SLMP III
    Event Date- Sept 1 & 2
    August 3rd - Announcement posted in forums AND Emailed to membership.
    August 10th - Registration opens (no registrations postmarked prior to August 10th will be accepted.
This get the word out ahead of time, and gives infrequent forum visitors a better chance to see what's coming up.
Tim W.
SCCV #72
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

MX5 Driver wrote:Ok, back on topic. I would propose that for all future events that the SCCV holds that require pre-registration, that we make an announcement BEFORE registration opens.

Example:
  • SLMP III
    Event Date- Sept 1 & 2
    August 3rd - Announcement posted in forums AND Emailed to membership.
    August 10th - Registration opens (no registrations postmarked prior to August 10th will be accepted.
This get the word out ahead of time, and gives infrequent forum visitors a better chance to see what's coming up.
Sounds like a plan. As long as we stick to it.
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70