2016 SCCV Meetings (agenda, attendance, meeting notes)

General information about the club (not to be confused with discussions forum)!
User avatar
opecor
SCCV Treasurer
SCCV Treasurer
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Milton, VT

Re: 2016 SCCV Meetings (agenda, attendance, meeting notes)

Post by opecor » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:05 pm

SCCV September Meeting
9-20-16
LocalFolk Smokehouse, Waitsfield

Agenda:
Talk about AX 8-9
Canaan is next! (Sep 24 is SCCNH and Sep 25 is SCCV; drive both days)
AX 11-12 (Oct 1-2)
Philo Oct 14, 15, 16 <-- need volunteers to coordinate the 'boss' tasks
Trailer.... what is needed for Canaan, AX 11-12, and Philo
SLMP? <-- if club wants to happen, "you" will need to chair the event)
2017 Board of Directors (time to step up to the plate!)
SCCV annual awards banquet (in calendar year 2016)
NEHA awards banquet (SCCV is hosting)

Attendees:
Nick Goldberg
Mrs. Goldberg
Tim Fournier
Seth Achilles
Jeremy Haas
(who was sitting next to Jeremy?)
Erik Reisner
Chris Rielly
Mini Seth
Paul Dudley
Orianna Pecor
Cory Pecor

DR MAX October event – voted to have one day only – Saturday. OP to announce & adjust MSR, and let Ricky know to make facebook event. Chris & Paul discussed equipment transfer for Philo.
Canaan – one or two courses? NH would need to give up the laptop and we’d have to figure out our own timing. Paul suggested times go into NH computer, then we can manually transfer to our event. Chris does not have time to do it due to Philo. What about using stopwatches? Will people be cranky about it? Possibly. Plenty of people to work courses, and enough SCCV members to run timing for both. Radios enough for two courses? We have probably 6 working radios. 70 drivers, 2 courses means more seat time. NH – some are amenable to sharing equipment; some are not. Someone at NH would have to input file? Per Seth, track has their own timing software and requires transponders (which they have). Nick has volunteered to make spreadsheet for combined timing. Tim, Paul, Nick & OP have all agreed to do whatever we need to do with timing to ensure we can run two courses. Paul will contact track to inquire about using timing equipment.
TROPHIES??? Yes – cupcakesl
Philo – need drivers!
Banquet discussion. Dates & venues. No decisions made.
SLMP – any interest in fall event? Round of no. Can’t get it together before it snows. See Ricky to see if we can get a date in spring before they repave.
Orianna Pecor #29
2006 Mini Cooper S "Shirley"

User avatar
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor
Posts: 5050
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:37 pm
Location: Milton, Vermont
Contact:

Re: 2016 SCCV Meetings (agenda, attendance, meeting notes)

Post by Rabbit Farmer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:20 am

SCCV Meeting
October 18, 2016
Zachary's Pizza, South Burlington

Agenda:

Talk about Canaan (Sep 24 is SCCNH and Sep 25 is SCCV; drive both days); what is owed to track and/or SCCNH? / Summary / lessons learned

AX 11-12 (Oct 1-2) summary

Timing equipment damage from AX 11-12; future of equipment and what to do to avoid damage

Philo Oct 14, 15, 16 summary / some t-shirts are available

2017 Board of Directors (time to step up to the plate!)

SCCV annual awards banquet (in calendar year 2016)

NEHA awards banquet (SCCV is hosting)

SCCV October Meeting
October 18, 2016
Attendees: Ricky Gratton, Brittney Palermo, Jeremy Haas, Simon Kribstock, Steve Jones, Julie Jones, Orianna Pecor, Paul Dudley, Chris Rielly
Philo recap – small trailer at Steve’s; large trailer can go to Chris’s until early spring. Potential to bring to Alan Fenton’s at that point. Need to build shelves in the large trailer while it is at Chris’s. For the event, rented communication equipment failed on Saturday and had issues on Sunday. Additionally, a wedding on Friday delayed setup despite assurances from the park ranger. Worked out fine after negotiations. Finish sign was stolen; can order inexpensive blanks for replacement.
23 paid drivers
Increased camping fee to be in line with other events
Tshirts helped - $400 profit
Overall loss of $700 (including tshirt profit)
There were enough workers and food for 30 more drivers. Not many incidents.
Year end banquet – Smokehouse, on a Friday not the first week of the month – before ski season. OR? Need to research other options in the Waterbury area. Prizes- need to have a tangible something with a plaque. Simon will collect donated parts and spray paint them. 1st place only. 2nd and third places? Use rotors for base.
Host NEHA banquet – SCCV’s turn to sponsor NEHA banquet. Should be here and have low impact, low stress attachment to Mallets Bay. Group okayed to have event in Burlington. Doubletree or Hampton Inn as a place to stay. Rent out upstairs from City Sports Grill for banquet. 2nd week of February. Car share any SCCV members’ cars for visitors? Ballpark 50-60 people attending banquet. Possibility to roll insurance for ice time trial into banquet cost? Would prefer to allow banquet attendees to attend for free. Play ice driving video at banquet to encourage participation. Needs a lot of thought, especially regarding location. Steve & Chris will open conversation on forum. Look into pricing and group rates. Need to preregister attendees.
Autox results – is there value to producing a report with all run times? Yes. Takes time to double check written vs. computer. Howard sent SCCNH timing file to OP; she will share with Chris. Google docs not available and ALL 2016 results are not currently posted. We need to ask Tim W. to post the old fashioned way. We can post pdf files. Jeremy has laptop and will get together with Chris to learn how to deal with posting results.
We have not paid for the track or the insurance. NEED to pay either one big check to SCCNH or pay track separately. Paul will coordinate and send info to Steve. Steve will send insurance check to SCCNH in the meantime. Net income ~$700.
Autox timing equipment – Did timing box get damaged? How to improved cushioning? Opportunity now to fix what needs fixing. Option to go wireless. Laptop is coming to the end of its life. New laptops are relatively inexpensive. Buy latest version of Axware, or look at other options. Numbers? Also think about what happens if equipment is damaged. Need dedicated batteries for everything – not replaceable at event. Would like to learn how to use it before event. Chris has done some research. Some random timing issues with SCCNH events that they may have fixed (re: long length wires heating up on pavement). Some SCCV members would prefer to stay wired. Chris & Simon to send comparison including pricing. Kickstarter fund? Need new cable to go from timing box to display (Ethernet to phone cord – Nick Wheelock will need to convert).
Need to determine damages to timing light and how much the person who hit them will owe. $250 for timing light; he is not liable for box.
2017 schedule – mix it up more in order to get people who have drill. Start with a school. Include a big event. We have three camping options if people want to stay overnight.
2017 board – need to post job descriptions and start collecting nominations. Need to vote in December. Walk into November meeting announcing this and any new stuff.
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar

User avatar
opecor
SCCV Treasurer
SCCV Treasurer
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Milton, VT

Re: 2016 SCCV Meetings (agenda, attendance, meeting notes)

Post by opecor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:31 pm

SCCV Meeting November 15, 2016
Attendees:
Jeremy
Simon
Tim F
Tim W
Orianna
Erik
Paul
Chris
Steve
Points – no class 9. Remove class 9 from trophies. How do we keep people keeping their own numbers and not using each other’s numbers? Timing issues, results posting. Suggestion to have post event meeting right away so results are posted at events. Theoretically it’s a great idea. Announce at driver’s meeting; offer incentives to stay. Let’s make it happen for next year. For this year, all results were posted unofficially so current points are correct. Future rule: run at least half the events in the SAME class. Notify everyone who won so they will show up to the banquet. Exhibition class is class 9.
What about trophies for second and third place? Skittles and Snickers Bars. Creative digging on photos that were taken this year. $10 limit for second and third place trophies. Gears for second place. Jeremy will price out plaques. BRING ALL CAR PARTS TO DECEMBER MEETING.
When and where is the banquet? Fire & Ice in Middlebury, City Sports Grille in Colchester. Anything else in between? Shooting for January 28th so we can do ice time trials that weekend if possible… at City Sports Grille. Jeremy to investigate City Sports Grille.
Nominations have been posted. Need to be sent to Steve by December 9th and we will vote at December meetings.
Forum – did we get emails to update forum?






SCCV Meeting December 20, 2016
Attendees:
Steve Jones
Paul Dudley
Tim Fournier
Jeremy Haas
Brittney Palermo
Alex Mallory
Cory Pecor
Orianna Pecor
Chris Reilly
Discussion: Trophies – Jeremy is working on them. Simon is deployed. What to use for bases?
NEHA banquet – in Claremont rather than Chittenden County area. Steve working on menu options with the Common Man.
SCCV banquet – need to finalize City Sports Grille. $100 deposit & min $250 food & drink. No room cost. Order hot aps, people order their own meals. Date: January 28th (Saturday) 6pm. Jeremy to confirm with venue & give deposit. Order apps on site. OP to give cedar to Jeremy for possible use of trophy bases.
Trophies for 2nd & 3rd for each class: plaques. OP to design plaques, order from VT Trophy & Engraving. See Tim F & Andre for photos.
(PO Box has been renewed for 2017)
REMINDER: REGISTER WITH THE SECRETARY OF THE STATE
Voting:
President: Paul Dudley
VP: Ricky Gratton
Treasurer: Orianna Pecor
Secretary: Tim Fournier
Event Coordinator: Jeremy Haas
PR Coordinator: Simon Kribstock as liaison to the board, with help from volunteers
Webmaster: Officially Tim Wasilewski with support from other Tim
CONTINUED DISCUSSION:
Computers & timing equipment- discussion tabled until January’s meeting
Alternate venues – would be nice to find more. Technology Park? Who owns it? Kmart – still may not be feasible even though mall is empty. Pavement is low quality, and noise complaints.
Orianna Pecor #29
2006 Mini Cooper S "Shirley"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest