How to lose 700lbs

Discussion about automotive projects
solfly

Re: How to lose 700lbs

Post by solfly »

most guys stagger on civic hatchbacks, im running 450/550 on mine but with the shorter wheelbase crx its better to match the rates and use the no front sway bar/22mm rear bar and adjustable struts to set a more tunable bias
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

I'm very happy with the handling.

I'm so happy I got the car road legal because it's fun chasing down people on twisty roads and surprising them because they thought they left me for dead at the stop light. :drive1:
"Why kill it? - When you can overkill it."
1987 Mazda RX7 GXL (Hillclimber)
1987 Mazda RX7 GTU (Lemons)
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

DaveEstey wrote:I'm very happy with the handling.

I'm so happy I got the car road legal because it's fun chasing down people on twisty roads and surprising them because they thought they left me for dead at the stop light. :drive1:
That brings a smile to Honda guy's face :D . I have a fair share of similar stories.

Are you planning on attending SLMP this year?
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

I'm planning on at least one. I'm saving my pennies for entrance fees between AutoX, Hillclimbs (Ascutney x2, Okemo x2), SLMP and a likely trip to Watkins Glen with COM in September, which is $225 a day.

I replaced my aluminum lip with a plastic one today with even LESS ground clearance and then took a trip to Concord. The car is quieter and cruises with less effort now, pretty cool stuff. I drafted a semi for a while and I barely used the gas at all to stay at 75.
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
www.DaveEstey.com
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

I would love to run at Watkins Glen. Where can I find more info on that event?
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

HondaSi wrote:I would love to run at Watkins Glen. Where can I find more info on that event?
http://www.comscc.org/
As many people here already know, I have been a member of COM for several years and tend to talk up their events since I find them so fun. I will most definitely be at the Glen on Sep. 14-15, and it would be great to see other SCCVers there as well. It's a great time.

But COM is not the only game in town. The Boston BMWCCA chapter will also be at the Glen on Sep. 22-23, and they also put on a good event. And SCDA will be there April 26-27 and July 12-13. I've only been to one of their events, and it was good, though more expensive than the others. There are probably other clubs with events there as well, but those are the ones I know about.

Having said all that, I will use this opportunity to put in the first of what will probably be a series of plugs from me to attend COM's annual event at Mont Tremblant. If you like the Glen, you'd love Tremblant. Watkins Glen is a fun track, but for me Mont Tremblant is even more fun, in terms of driver challenge, pit-of-your-gut thrills, variety of corners, and scenery. When F1 raced there, Jackie Stewart claimed it was second only to Monaco in difficulty. I know there will be a contingent of SCCVers going to that event as well.

I should probably start a thread on track days this summer.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Dave_G wrote:I should probably start a thread on track days this summer.
Yup!
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

DaveVT02S wrote:
Dave_G wrote:I should probably start a thread on track days this summer.
Yup!
Done! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3124
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

Sunday NER SCCA #1:
My day started started out doody-tastic. Had a click coming from my upper ball joint, which mean a no-go on tech. Luckily there are a group of people running spec civics (I think the class used to be called STS) and one of the guys had an a-arm assembly NIB that I bought for $100. 45 minutes later the car was back together but I missed all my walkthroughs. SUCK.

Caught a ride through the course twice but it was a lot to digest so I was going out with only a loose knowledge of the course. 2 off courses a 64, a 67 +2 and then a 62.04 was my final and best. Not so hot. I know if I had been able to walk the course I could have been under 60.

BUT, the car was a blast. So so so much better than my RSX with balance and feedback. Now I just need to get rid of the effing Azenis 615's.
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
www.DaveEstey.com
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

Here are my runs:
15 EP 7 David Estey Honda CRX Si White
67.173+DNF 72.676+DNF 63.175+1 60.592+DNF 62.011+1 55.881 0.045

Next time I'm classing in CSP instead of EP using SCCA ITA provisions, I would have taken second in class and everybody else was running r-comps while I'm running old compound Azenis.

Also, I will not show up with a broken car so I won't miss walkthroughs. :rock:
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
www.DaveEstey.com