Help meals on wheels and win a race car.

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
sachilles

Help meals on wheels and win a race car.

Post by sachilles »

A good cause. Car looks decent but has definitely been in a race or two. Would make a good Lemons car or Enduro car as well, or race as is in the junkyard warrior class. :drive1:
You can view the car and buy tickets at the Village grocery. If you've been to my house, that's the mobile station by the covered bridge.
Help Keep Meals on Wheels Rolling…
And Win a Race Car Too!

An additional 10,000 meals will be needed throughout the summer months for seniors being served by Meals on Wheels programs in central Vermont according to Kathy Paquet, Nutrition Resources and Wellness Coordinator at Central Vermont Council on Aging (CVCOA). Troy Kingsbury of Village Grocery in Waitsfield has a great idea to help meet the “10,000 meal challenge.”

Kingsbury is raffling off his wife’s “Monster” car that she raced at the Junkyard Warrior level at Thunder Road for $5.00 per ticket. Only 2000 tickets will be sold. Kingsbury, who hopes to raise $10,000 for Meals on Wheels, says “It’s nice to know our seniors can get a meal and have someone checking in on them” on a regular basis.

A $5.00 ticket offers the chance to win a road-ready 1995 Volkswagen Gulf “with all parts and pieces, plus a parts car and an extra engine,” says Kingsbury. “Enough to keep you going for a couple of seasons.”

A hot or frozen home-delivered meal costs approximately five dollars. Seniors are not charged for Meals on Wheels. If able, some make a small donation toward the meal. Yet many seniors cannot afford to contribute anything. “Meals on Wheels can really use this support from Troy and the community,” says Paquet. “It’s really a great opportunity.”

Raffle tickets can be purchased at the Village Grocery in Waitsfield, CVCOA in Barre, and other locations. For tickets or more information, call 476-2681.

The winner will be announced at Thunder Road during the first evening race this season on June 24th.

Central Vermont Council on Aging (CVCOA) supports elders in leading healthy, independent and dignified lives in their homes and communities in 54 towns in central Vermont. Visit the CVCOA website at www.cvcoa.org or call the Senior Helpline at 1-800-642-5119. The office is located at 30 Washington Street in Barre.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
gtivr4

Re: Help meals on wheels and win a race car.

Post by gtivr4 »

I wish them luck. Definitely a different approach (raffling off a beater race car versus a new Corvette or something). Maybe that will gain them some traction, although I know I couldn't convince the missus that I need ANOTHER car!
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
vwcorvette

Post by vwcorvette »

What's a VW Gulf? Is it covered in oil?
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o
vwcorvette

Post by vwcorvette »

Just looked at the only picture. Car is ROUGH. Too bad to cause I could use a decently caged 3rd Gen Golf.
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o