October Autox @ Devil's Bowl?

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: October Autox @ Devil's Bowl?

Post by pdudley42 »

Yes Joey, enter twice and get twice the runs. On a good day you could get first AND second in your class!!!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Art Lyle

Post by Art Lyle »

I'll buy twice the track time.
Art Lyle

Post by Art Lyle »

Have you considered running everybody with fewer sessions but more laps for each session? Example: instead of 10 sessions with 2 laps each, do 5 sessions with 4 laps each? That ought to make the event go faster so that either we could have the option to either leave earlier or get 6 sessions with 4 laps each.
tiFreak

Post by tiFreak »

I'd like to get one more event in this year, my car wasn't at 100% for the last event
Brendan Murray
SCCV #318
BMWCCA #405199
343Saturn

Post by 343Saturn »

I'm very interested in one last event for the season as I couldnt make the last one. My Oct is a little full already but the weekend of 1/2 or 22/23 would work best for me.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Art, the problem with more laps is that it becomes easier for the driver to forget which lap they're on, killing the efficiency. That said, from a driver's standpoint I like it! If we can come up with a crafty way to remind the driver when they're on their last lap it is an option, perhaps a worker in the flagstand waving a (not red) flag. The other thing to consider is: will we lose time by only having a single car on the course for most of their run. We can't send the next car until the first car is on its last lap (and knows it!).
Paul Dudley #42

Art Lyle

Post by Art Lyle »

Paul,

I agree; with +2 laps, it will be a good idea to remind the driver when it is time to leave the track.

I like the idea of a dedicated worker waving a non red flag as a reminder.

Where is the flag stand? Is it in a position to signal the driver in time to get on an alternate slalom course for the final straight away?
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Art,
it's tight, the flag stand is at the start-finish line. We may have to be creative about course design...but what else is new?!!
On another note, AMEC is hosting an autocross at Albany-Saratogo speedway this Saturday with a rain date of Sunday. They tend to run 3+ laps per run, but only one car on course at a time due to their timing software. There will also be a car show that day/night as well by the Firebird Nation, about which I know nothing; but I assume a mullet gets you a reduced entry fee. I'm hoping I can make it to the autocross.
Paul Dudley #42

Art Lyle

Post by Art Lyle »

I vote for putting the finish flagger on the south end of the track mid way through the turn. Pick a place that is both safe for the flagger and visible to the driver. Make the driver alter their course for the last straight away like we normally do. Then shoot out the tires of the first person that screws up... Just kidding!

In any case, whatever you decide will be fine with me. I'm just excited to get another day of driving in. And the double drive option will be awesome!
vtwillys

Post by vtwillys »

Hi,

Count me in. I have been in hiding since I missed the last event and hd said I would also work the event. Work travel schedule got really crazy and I spaced the date for the last one. Open up registration for any weekend except the one for the hill climb and I am there.