Autox August 20th @ Devil's Bowl

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Re: Autox August 20th @ Devil's Bowl

Post by pdudley42 »

I agree with you guys. Saturday's event went great. A late start and low car count turned into efficient event setup and lots of runs! I love seeing newcomers step up to fill the positions as needed, specifically Alex and Ed as worker coordinators (by the way if there were any observation you two made throughout the day of how to better work this position, please send me a PM). Big thanks to Greg for volunteering with timing even though you weren't driving.
Seriously fun course, I scared myself a couple times. The Corvettes (yes! there were two of them!!!) looked like they struggled with the entrance, which was too tight. Noted for the future. The rest of the course felt rhythmic and FAST, no complaints from me.
I love seeing Joey's road warrior buggybaru in action, and hope to see it more often.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
vtwillys

Autox August 20th @ Devil's Bowl

Post by vtwillys »

Paul,

I enjoyed "working" the event. Alex had a lot more to do with the worker organization. I just cracked the whip on my folks when it was time :-). although my times will not bear it out, towards the end of the day it started to make some sense to me as far as the course flow. Hope to have pics up soon and loved the Mad Max Suby powered car.
VTSilver225

Post by VTSilver225 »

Thanks everyone for another great event with plenty of seat time. Paul great job on the course loved the back stretch, my favorite part of the hole course. Again thanks to everyone that made this another great event.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

VTSilver225 wrote:Thanks everyone for another great event with plenty of seat time. Paul great job on the course loved the back stretch, my favorite part of the hole course. Again thanks to everyone that made this another great event.
I was working while you were driving, and you really nailed that part of the course compared to many other folks.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Elmer Fudd

Post by Elmer Fudd »

had a great time guys. if I can fix the clutch problem before sept I will be there.
sccv# 787
sorry for the spelling
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

You can do it Rob! By the way, I should be in to pick up some parts on Thursday.
Paul Dudley #42

Blindfaith

Post by Blindfaith »

Man I suck

I think if it wasnt for hitting some cones and the slow run time I would have done quite well

I did learn that bringing a 2 year old to an autoX might not be the best idea if you want to stay the entire day

Shea
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Blindfaith wrote:Man I suck

I think if it wasnt for hitting some cones and the slow run time I would have done quite well

I did learn that bringing a 2 year old to an autoX might not be the best idea if you want to stay the entire day

Shea
Don't feel bad. I did a quick count of how many cones were hit.....It was in excess of 120! I laughed and stopped counting.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Shea, I'm glad you brought Colin, even if you never do it again. I didn't know you had a diaper-clad rally driver in your life. Chris is right, a ton of cones went down that day. Maybe I'll see you in Hanksville Labor Day weekend. Bev's folks are coming up to visit that weekend, and it may be a tough sell to get them to go to a mud bog day.
Paul Dudley #42

Blindfaith

Post by Blindfaith »

Paul, no mud bog for me again this year, I fly out to glorious Ft Rucker Alabama for a military school this Monday and wont return til December, leave again feb and wont be back till September.

So no AutoX redemption for the Evo till the fall of 2012, the good news by then I should have tires that were not made in a north Korean prision camp