Formula 1 2010

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
DaveP189

Re: Formula 1 2010

Post by DaveP189 »

It should "give sober men pause", as the old saying goes - ignoring what it must be like dealing w/ F1 mgt., that debacle at Indy must make them all think very hard...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

The official F1 site has videos up of an uninterrupted Q3 lap from every 2009 race - pretty cool:
http://www.formula1.com/video/
(click on "Onboard" tab)
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
darTTh audi

Post by darTTh audi »

2010 season starting this weekend, finally. I'd resorted to watching how JPM does in Nascar to pass the time.
Bill R.
2008 Audi TT 3.2q
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

+1 on that - tired already of watching "Crashcar"...
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

I cant wait to see Schumi back in action... :D
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

HondaSi wrote:I cant wait to see Schumi back in action... :D
That will certainly be fun and interesting, but personally I think he may find things a bit more challenging than he used to, and he may get frustrated at no longer being the master of the universe that he was in his prime.

I'm thinking that Vettel is the guy that has the greatest likelihood of turning heads this year. It wouldn't exactly be a surprise, because everyone already knows he's a great driver, but this year I'm predicting an awesome confluence of talent, experience, and a great car. I think he's the guy to beat.

I had the great opportunity to witness Vettel's debut at the 2007 USGP at Indy (Jim B. was there too). He was subbing for Kubica, who had just had his horrific accident in Montreal the week before. In his maiden voyage he finished 8th, but what was more impressive was how he drove. He gave every indication in that drive (at the age of 19!!) that he would be someone special to watch.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
Mr. Bridgestone

Post by Mr. Bridgestone »

Don't count out Schumi. He has Braun, Mercedes, and his skills. I'd be worried if I was Ferrari... :lol:
SCCV # 71
2016 Ford Fiesta ST / ARRIVED
2003 Mini Cooper S / SOLD
1990 Mazda Miata / Mariner Blue / SOLD
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon / SOLD
P.C.R. Jaguar 80cc Shifter Kart / SOLD
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

I don't think Ferrari ever worries :lol:
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

Well Mercedes power is looking strong again. Anybody else read about the Mclaren rear wing flap thing that the driver operates with his knee for less drag down the straights? Tricky...
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

HondaSi wrote:Well Mercedes power is looking strong again.
Yes it is, although it's hard to put too much weight on the results of practice sessions. You never know who was practicing with light fuel loads vs. fully-loaded, or what tires they were using. The real test will be in tomorrow's qualifying. But there's no doubt that Mercedes will be right up there with McLaren, Ferrari, and Red Bull. And I also wouldn't count out Williams, and possibly Sauber and Renault. Some people are saying that Williams will be a big surprise this year. We'll see!
Anybody else read about the Mclaren rear wing flap thing that the driver operates with his knee for less drag down the straights? Tricky...
Tricky indeed. Here's some reading on it: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81997

Renault is spitting mad, but I love the clever and ingenious ways that people try to gain an advantage within the rules.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)