Devil's bowl improvements.

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
vwcorvette

Re: Devil's bowl improvements.

Post by vwcorvette »

You know, if he owns the property around the track then a rallycross site shouldn't be too difficult to make. And think of the $10 run what you brung out on that!

Could attract SCCA too for the rallyx stuff if they new they would have a dedicated site. Of course he'd have to buy back some of the earth moving equipment he just sold!

Perhaps a second entrance onto the oval for more flexibility in course design?
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

He wouldn't have to pave the entire infield to make it a far more useful track, just put in a a couple of "roads" to create an infield race track. That could pull in a lot of interest I expect. We would certainly make good use of it if it was more SLMP and less Thunder Road. And I would think at least some shifter karts would be interested. Theres room for a 3/4 mile track I bet! Obviously that isn't what he is looking to do short term, but it would be cheaper than just paving the whole infield (and a lot less heat to deal with!).

I would have loved them to sweep the pits. R comps pick up a TON of rocks, and it would make working there a little nicer. Cheap and easy to do!
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

George, talked to him about rallyx. The field beyond the back straight belongs to him/track. He is actually having snomobile drags on it this fall. Rallycross is a possibility later on this year. However, currently his brother who owns the farm next door has some type of feed crop in that field right now. Once harvested, things clear up.
He's excited about any type of motorsports opportunity. Though I think this years paving was a little bit bigger egg than he anticipated, so it will take a little bit of time to recover. Certainly the more butts end up in seats for his Sunday night races, the better off everyone will be.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

How about a little wheel to wheel racing in the field? Non-SCCV..... :drive1:
Steve #702
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
vwcorvette

Post by vwcorvette »

Can we link his web-site to ours? Perhaps a banner type ad? Could be good for us too if we get internet traffic in the other direction.
Geo

'75 Stingray. AKA, Sasha
(**--**)
'02 Jetta Wgn 1.8T tiptronic. MobyII
\ \=o=/ /
'79 Kawasaki KZ400h
d=~o