Devil's Bowl III Feedback

lwheelock

Re: Devil's Bowl III Feedback

Post by lwheelock »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:I agree that we need to understand the timing software a lot better.... need an easy tutorial. DB #2, Julie and I were having issues with removing runs (there has to be a better way!) without shifting the times from one driver to the next. Ack!
HaHa, yeah i ended up putting the dummy runs under an assumed car # that wasn't at the event.
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!
Elmer Fudd

Post by Elmer Fudd »

I helped with timing this time, and would be down to learn the system and how to setup the lights, run timing, ect. I seem to have a hard enough time getting down to the track in time to get my car teched and all that stuff in time, so getting there earlier to do initial setup seems like a long shot, but Im sure I could do it at least once to get trained on setup, so when we have a problem like we did this last time, I could do more then guess at what I was doing. all I could really try was swapping battery's and trying to get the aim better.

I also have been trying to show up a little earlier to at least help with tech, I'm sure I could do that. I left the house a hour earlier then Devil's Bowl 2, and showed up at the exact same time due to traffic. I guess I will have to leave the house at 5:00 to get there to help. sigh.
sccv# 787
sorry for the spelling
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

I won't repeat everyones comments but I agree with what has been said so far. Great event and a very nice course. I think everything was setup nicely. My only other comment is to get the first car off sooner than we did for this event. I know a lot of that had to do with the timing equipment which would be helped out with some training.

I forgot about worker points. Can I claim worker points for helping with tech? BTW, I would be willing to help with tech again at the next event.

Is there another auto-x this year before it starts to snow?
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
gtivr4

Post by gtivr4 »

How about a training session either at a meeting or before/after an event. The more people that know what they are doing from start to finish is a VERY useful thing that too few know now.
Nathan Dana
1990 Miata, 1992 Volvo Cow, 1997 Sonoma, 2012 Locost 7
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

honda8790 wrote:
Is there another auto-x this year before it starts to snow?

Working on it. Coming up with a date. Don't want to conflict with Philo, nor a possible slmp 4.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)