2011: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

Icabus

Re: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

Post by Icabus »

Dave_G wrote:Sheets of paper with a big number written or printed on them and taped to inside of the rear windows (if your car has rear windows) work quite well.
And how well does this work if you have Window Tint on your back windows?
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Another good thing to bring is a rope. A tow strap is fine for obvious reasons. I'm thinking more of a worst-case scenario rope. If everyone has a save-my-life rope sitting quietly behind the passenger's seat, we'll be even more prepared.
Also, I'm working on getting spill pillows for the weekend. If they are here in time, everyone will be required to carry one in their car at all times. This is a small absorbent sheet used to collect fluid spills in case of emergency. The cost will likely be $5, a one-time cost (unless you need a new one).
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Dave_G

Post by Dave_G »

Icabus wrote:And how well does this work if you have Window Tint on your back windows?
Depends on the tint. :) If you've got Florida-grade blackout tint, probably not so well. The point is to have a number somewhere that is visible to the workers from a reasonable distance.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
lwheelock

Post by lwheelock »

Dave_G wrote:
Icabus wrote:And how well does this work if you have Window Tint on your back windows?
Depends on the tint. :) If you've got Florida-grade blackout tint, probably not so well. The point is to have a number somewhere that is visible to the workers from a reasonable distance.
Ahh... exactly the point. We just want everyone to try to think about their car and how some of these ideas will/won't work, since there isn't one perfect solution.
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!
rabbithead

Post by rabbithead »

I'm planning on bringing my Peugeot.
Can I have some sand bags in back seat since it is RWD... Or is it not allowed, or would it need to be strapped down some how?
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Acesanugal wrote:I'm not sure bringing my 4,300lbs '05 Ford Police Interceptor out on the ice is such a good idea.... lol
Been done w/ a Cadillac Fleetwood stretch limousine (pic on here somewhere, iirc)...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Wish I could make it, but my clutch-slippage issue is getting progressively ("regressively"?) more prominent :(
Hoping to get it replaced within the next week, so - next event? (hoping that happens)...

Have fun!
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Nick, you must treat sandbags like passengers. If you can securely buckle them in, you're good. This may mean more than just using the seatbelt, as they may shift. Recommend you bring a couple ratchet straps AND use the seatbelt. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Disconnecting the rear swaybar makes a good difference in RWD.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
stealth5

Post by stealth5 »

This will be my first SCCV ITT!

So, I was wondering how numbers are assigned/picked, because I would like to print them out before I show up. :D
lwheelock

Post by lwheelock »

stealth5 wrote:This will be my first SCCV ITT!

So, I was wondering how numbers are assigned/picked, because I would like to print them out before I show up. :D
We have reserved number from either paid members or long time members that we save for them. I am hoping to post that list in the forums tonight.

but in general any 3 digit number will work besides the obvious ones (ie 111, 802, etc.) if you want a 2 digit number those are harder to come by and you should check the list that gets posted. Thanks for being prepared =D>
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!