2011: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

stealth5

Re: ITT Sunday February 27!!!

Post by stealth5 »

lwheelock wrote:We have reserved number from either paid members or long time members that we save for them. I am hoping to post that list in the forums tonight.

but in general any 3 digit number will work besides the obvious ones (ie 111, 802, etc.) if you want a 2 digit number those are harder to come by and you should check the list that gets posted. Thanks for being prepared =D>
Cool! Was hoping for one of my favorite two-digit numbers, but we will how things turn out after you post the reserved number list. :)
stig

Post by stig »

So, being that I won't be driving and am planning on spending the day photographing...

Would it be possible to do so from relatively near (inside or out, no real preference (depending on course layout, I suppose)) the course, at worker stations maybe? Of course with waivers signed and such.

I believe I asked about this for the last Devils Bowl event and the answer was that it would be fine if I had a spotter. (or wore a giant pink bunny suit, or something...) Would shooting from worker stations satisfy that? Thoughts?
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

I think photos from a work station is ok. What's the story for tomorrow's weather, rain or snow? It sounds odd, but rain would be much better, since is will freeze overnight anyway. I know it's contrary to ITT regulation, but pray to your dog of choice for a warm Friday.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
lwheelock

Post by lwheelock »

lwheelock wrote:
stealth5 wrote:This will be my first SCCV ITT!

So, I was wondering how numbers are assigned/picked, because I would like to print them out before I show up. :D
We have reserved number from either paid members or long time members that we save for them. I am hoping to post that list in the forums tonight.

but in general any 3 digit number will work besides the obvious ones (ie 111, 802, etc.) if you want a 2 digit number those are harder to come by and you should check the list that gets posted. Thanks for being prepared =D>

2011 reserved car numbers

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3421
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!
CTBMWE34

Post by CTBMWE34 »

This also, will be my first Ice Time Trial. Even though my car was hit by a state DPW truck today I still plan on driving up from southern CT. My E34 BMW 5-series thankfully only suffered damage to the front fender. All else is good. My mechanic may be participating in a M-B 300TD. Look forward to a great day with you all!
Mike Kamm

Post by Mike Kamm »

lwheelock wrote: We have reserved number from either paid members or long time members that we save for them. I am hoping to post that list in the forums tonight.
Thank you Laura. I have magnetic numbers [46] from AMEC ice racing. It looks like that number is free. I plan to use it in the 2WD super stud class.

Mike
2013 Honda Fit EV
'97 Geo Metro
stig

Post by stig »

pdudley42 wrote:I think photos from a work station is ok. What's the story for tomorrow's weather, rain or snow? It sounds odd, but rain would be much better, since is will freeze overnight anyway. I know it's contrary to ITT regulation, but pray to your dog of choice for a warm Friday.
Cool.

Last I heard is 8-12" or white insulation :mad: , what does that mean for us?
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

shovels
"Why kill it? - When you can overkill it."
1987 Mazda RX7 GXL (Hillclimber)
1987 Mazda RX7 GTU (Lemons)
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

To answer the Stig about the snowfall, I don't know. We still don't have a good plow solidly lined up. To make it worse, plowing today won't cut it, since the snow won't end until 11pm or so. Our plow guy will need to be an early bird, as it will take some time to build a road, a paddock, and a course or two. The best scenario is if we can pay him to plow and offer him to be our honorary car-slut for Saturday. That way, when ice dust builds up, he can make a couple passes and we're good to go again. Cliff volunteered his Jeep, but it has a small plow and bad tires; that could take till noon just to get us going. If anybody has a good set of snows on Jeep wheels (or chains), this could up Cliff's rig's efficiency. If you know anyone with a plow in the area (or not), it's all hands on deck to find our best option. I know it's last-minute, but it beats canceling the event..especially for such an embarrassing lack of readiness.
This is a good time to remind people that there is no such thing as safe ice. We'll be on a lake, 1 mile from where we drove on. The ice is thick; 13-17 inches, 2/3 of which is solid, black sea ice. The rest is white ice (frozen slush). If you've got a minute, google "ice strength tables" and make your own decision. Remember to factor in an as-yet ambiguous amount of weight from the coming snowfall. To drive your car onto the ice is an at-your-own-risk activity.
No one wants this event to happen more than me, but it is conceivable that we may have to cancel if the sow is too heavy. Too heavy means not only that we may not be able to move it effectively, but that it is very wet and VERY HEAVY.
For those of you local, check back here before you leave Saturday morning. Someone (probably me) will be at the lake at the butt-crack of dawn to check things out and then call another member who will be sitting by their computer, waiting to update this thread for up to the minute details.
Thanks. See you tomorrow.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
Icabus

Post by Icabus »

Is it just me of did Paul skip a day? The event is Saturday or Sunday?