Cobra off at 130mph

Talk about stuff NOT related to SCCV operations.
Dave_G

Re: Cobra off at 130mph

Post by Dave_G »

m1bes wrote:That is why I like the hybrid pro rage better than the han's because you have to wear it so even if you do not have the belts tight it is still on you and your head is anchored still
Well, there's a simple step to prevent that: tighten those belts! :) Seriously, on the track the belts should be so tight they hurt until you start driving. Once you're driving, you don't feel the belts at all.
Dave GuertinImage
'90 Miata (summer fun)
'91 BMW 325iX (winter fun) oo=[][]=oo
'04 Mazda 6s wagon (family fun)
Rabbit Farmer
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

m1bes wrote:That is why I like the hybrid pro rage better than the han's because you have to wear it so even if you do not have the belts tight it is still on you and your head is anchored still
Butch. Is that the style that wraps around your chest? Same idea as what the motorcycles use?

Blazer going to be tearing ip the hills this year?

Steve
Steve #702
My project post on VWvortex Rabbit Farmer projects
It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway. - Evan Esar
Butch#178

Post by Butch#178 »

Steve yes they warp around your chest and then you can take it off in the car or off out of the car.Even if you have a belt come off the unit your helmet is still connected to it.

:3gears: I am planning on making a few of the hills this year and i am in hopes my youngest will be making a few also in the pickup just am a little worried about if the pickup will pass the roll cage rule now. the pickup was built in the 90's it has .95 wall 1 3/4" tubing and it is dom but will have too see what Don says about it. :drive1:
Larson

Post by Larson »

.95 wall 1 3/4" tubing is not enough? Or it needs more bars?
Butch#178

Post by Butch#178 »

Larson the pickup is a late model chassie so it has 3 door bars each side and besides the rule says the any under 2500lbs only need .090 wall so i am thicker and have more bars than alot of cars do but it will depend on what Don says.

The blazer has .120 dom all the way thru out .all the bars are .120 even the side door bars and that is why i am so slow :mrgreen: so if i could loose about 200lbs i would be alot faster. :3gears: :drive1:
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

m1bes wrote: The blazer has .120 dom all the way thru out .all the bars are .120 even the side door bars and that is why i am so slow :mrgreen: so if i could loose about 200lbs i would be alot faster. :3gears: :drive1:
:lol: :lol:
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70