Winter Autocross 2/11-12

sachilles

Re: Winter Autocross 2/11-12

Post by sachilles »

thorton0 wrote:Im still thinking about doing this. Is anyone else going to try in just a fwd car, or will i be the only fwd in a field of awd? I have a set of coilovers coming in the mail that i would really like to get on my jetta first tho.
There will be several 2wd cars there.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
Blindfaith

Post by Blindfaith »

I will be there sunday, whether I race or not will depend on my evaluation of potential air dam side skirt oil pan loss
Last edited by Blindfaith on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Shea, I'm glad to see you're willing to give it a look see. By then you will be able to get a lot of honest to dog feedback from Saturday's competitors.
Thorton, you should not worry about being the only FWD car there. I intend to enter two separate 2wd cars. Also, stock springs are never a bad choice for racing on a surface like this which calls for general softness. The exception would be if your coilovers are a rally type setup or you are also replacing shot dampers with the springs. That said, don't let me talk you out of modifying your hot rod!
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
teenwolf

Post by teenwolf »

thorton0 wrote:Im still thinking about doing this. Is anyone else going to try in just a fwd car, or will i be the only fwd in a field of awd? I have a set of coilovers coming in the mail that i would really like to get on my jetta first tho.
I get around faster in my golf then a bunch of 4wd's rallycrossing.... there is no try, only do :3gears:

Will be there for Saturday 8)
'84 GTI 1.8t
'90 Corrado G-fix me
'88 Audi 90 20vt
stig

Post by stig »

Will only be there if A) It magically becomes spring this week and we get a little rain to get the salt off the roads so I can drive the Miata or B) Death trap Subaru gets retired for attempting to kill me so I have no choice but to drive the Miata.

Option B is much more likely and actually very much inside the realm of possibility, so who knows....
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

So Stig, does that mean we are supposed to pray for your Subaru to die? Maybe Saturday morning you'll have the car packed, raring to go...then it just won't start.
Paul Dudley #42

stig

Post by stig »

Umm... maybe? I'm not really sure what I want to happen at this point. I really don't want to introduce my (never seen a winter) Miata to salt, but the Subie is, well, a death trap. I honestly don't even trust the thing to drive to Waitsfield in the first place.
stig

Post by stig »

How are we handling open top cars and roll bars at this event?
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Stig, good question, since we did not directly address this. For the first event we WILL require roll bars for open top cars simply because we do not know. That means Greg and Erik in the Saturn Sky are good to go, although perhaps a passenger will not be allowed in that car on course. I believe that narrows down your choices to one: long journey in a deathtrap!
Paul Dudley #42

DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

I'm out then. No bar in the miata.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
"Why kill it? - When you can overkill it."
1987 Mazda RX7 GXL (Hillclimber)
1987 Mazda RX7 GTU (Lemons)
2008 Mazda Miata
2005 Ford F-250 Diesel
2007 Toyota Prius (The Fast Car)
www.DaveEstey.com