Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Hillclimbs for NEHA (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC)
HondaSi

Re: Mt. Philo Hillclimb (2009) Organization

Post by HondaSi »

I would like to get another event in this year...gotta get my fix :D Also need to get some more use out of those R888 I got. Does it cost about the same as SLMP? I wonder how close to the break out time I would be. Is the break out time set pretty slow?
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Price is similar or a touch higher than slmp. I don't think the pricing is set yet.

Hard to know if your car will hit the breakout or not. Based on your times at slmp, it seems possible.
Chris was right around 60 seconds at slmp last year with his wrx wagon, and he hit the breakout time with the same car at philo last fall, but took a little work to do it.
Using that as a baseline, it certainly seems possible.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza sedan made from spare parts (Scrappy)
05 Subaru Legacy GT (Rosie)
02 Subaru impreza Wagon (Mr. the King)
96 Chevy Conversion van (Vango)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Brian I think you could have some fun at philo with your car. As far as hitting the breakout time it all depends on your comfort level with drving on narrow roads with drop offs and trees on all sides. You have the driving skills to hit the breakout time no question, but the breakout time is set to put you mid pack in the times which allows for a fun run up the hill.

Last years prices were 140 for club members that pre registered. It will be close to that this year. Steve and I are crunching the numbers
Nick
11 F150 ECOBoost
13 Focus ST
04 Volvo XC70
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

I don't know if I can get out of work on Saturday, but I'm thinking about going for Sunday. If I didn't have to drive my car every day I would not worrie about the trees and stuff. But I think I would feel it out for the first few runs
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

James S. used his cd player in the "Face Melter"(450?HP STi) to keep himself from breaking out. I can't remeber which one he attended, but his car(and his driving skills) were perfectly capable of breaking out, so he used familiar songs to gage his run times and back off when he had to. If you are comfortable after a few runs, and seem close enough to breaking out, you might try this trick.
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

:lol: nice trick! I'll keep that in mind. So all I think I need is a fire extinguisher and I'm set.
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

Brian, one word of caution..... You will become addicted and will soon look for a cage for your car or a caged car. Don't say I didn't warn you. :D
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

:lol: I know Chris...I am already...I have been since I started racing. Thats why I came back to it after I stoped the legends car racing. I wish I still had the legends car to take to the hillclimb. That would be cool. But thanks for the warning. :D

Remembering the good old legends car days...
DaveP189

Post by DaveP189 »

Cool pics, Brian - especially like the cockpit shot w/ the dented tach - don't know if I'd want to know the story behind that :wink: ...
Dave P. #189 '02 MINI CooperS+ "Elphie"
"People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." -unknown
HondaSi

Post by HondaSi »

I think the dent in the tach was there when I got the car. But I did have a few hard hits in it. I have pics of a car that climbed up my LR wheel and over the top of my car, then back down my hood. Not good when you have a clear view of the underside of the competitions car. :shock: I also took a hard t-bone shot in the drivers side door. :rolleyes: I hade to climb out the passenger door after that one. Once I was so sideways coming out of a turn the I scraped some black paint from the rear bumper off on outside the wall, but was able to gathered it back up and keep it going in strait...and a few other close calls :D