Devil's Bowl Novice School/Autocross#1 April 30-May 1

pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Devil's Bowl Novice School/Autocross#1 April 30-May 1

Post by pdudley42 »

An old spitfire just drove by outside my window. You know what that means. It must be just about autocross season. SCCVs first event will be held on Saturday April 30 in the form of a novice autocross school and test-n-tune day. The course layout shall be straightforward with an assortment of typical autocross obstacles: slaloms, offset gates, maybe even a Chicago Box. Designated instructors will be introduced during the drivers' meeting. By the way, if you want to volunteer your services as an instructor, please speak up (early). Also, if you have a spare tech-worthy helmet, please bring that as well. Novices, shoot me a PM or post here any questions you have ahead of time and I'd be happy to make up some kind of reasonable answer-type-thing. This is going to be a fun day with very little focus on raw, competitive times. If you've never tried it but always wanted to, this is the event for you. Discounted pricing for first-timers!!!
Sunday, May 1 will be a conventional autocross, focusing more on raw, competitive times. And we get to try out our new class setup, if you're into that kind of thing.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
lwheelock

Re: Devil's Bowl Novice School/Autocross#1 April 30-May 1

Post by lwheelock »

Registration is now open!

2-DAY EVENT!!
Saturday April 30th NOVICE SCHOOL & TEST/TUNE DAY
Sunday May 1st AUTOCROSS #1
Venue: Devils Bowl Raceway in West Haven, VT

Our first events of the year kick off with an Autocross Novice School and Test/Tune Day for Drivers on Saturday. Followed by the first autocross of the series on Sunday to make a whole weekend of driving fun! Please see our Autocross page on our website for some general autocross info: http://sccv.org/cms/index.php?page=Autocross

Saturday Fun:
The Novice School is as basic as it sounds it is a chance for anyone who has never tried autocrossing to attend an event at a reduced rate :D, or anyone who has only been to one or two events. It will be an introduction to our club, our events, and your car! SCCV members (aka Instructors) will cover car set up basics for the day, car classification for run groups, event safety, and then SEAT TIME where you will be the passenger riding along with the instructor as they go over the course and driving lines. After all those basics you swap places, and you will be the driver and they will ride along giving you pointers, let you get a feel for the course and your car.

The Test/Tune Day is a chance to test your car before the BIG first event. Saturday will be run similar to an Autocross with run groups, etc. but with less formal timing and no results. The course for the test/tune will be the same that is used for the autocross the next day so it is a chance to practice on the course, find the lines, find where to push and not push your car, well you get the point.

Sunday:
Autocross #1 this is the first of six autocrosses we plan to hold as part of our 2011 Series.

EVENT DETAILS:
Preregistration: We ask that all drivers sign up ahead of the event using http://www.motorsportreg.com/ a link directly to this event's page Registration is now open! . It is possible to register at the event but there is an additional $10 charge. It is very time consuming for us to have drivers registering at the event, and ultimately affects our start time so the fee is to encourage you to sign up ahead of time, and to cover event costs.

Please check out our new Car Classification before heading to the registration page, at http://sccv.org/cms/index.php?page=46#ax

Event Check In/Registration Opens at 8am (both days)

Technical Inspection starts at 8am (both days) please take a look at our car set up guidelines at: http://sccv.org/cms/index.php?page=65

Drivers Meeting & First Car Off: Because this is our first event this year and Saturdays format is not typical the meeting time will vary from what is posted in our Autocross schedule. More details will be posted closer to the event.

Event Fees:
Pre-Registered Drivers - Through Motorsport Reg
$25.00 for first timers (school participants - Saturday Only)/ $50 Weekend
$35.00 for Members one-day/ $60 Weekend
$40.00 for non-members one-day/ $70 Weekend

$10.00 extra for registration at the event

Also here is a link to our membership forms so you can get the member rate, you can mail in your form, or bring your form filled out to the event and pay there. http://sccv.org/cms/uploads/File/SCCV%2 ... 202011.pdf Membership is only $20 for January-January, and good for discounts at any of our, sports car club of NH, Killington sports car club, or cumberland Maine sports car club events.

Finally we need WORKERS!!
For those competing in the Series these worker positions add 3 points to your series total, but you need to sign up ahead of time and get your name on the list below. Otherwise you might not get credit for it since our point tallier isn't at every event! NOVICES are always encouraged to signup, these are easy positions, and easy points.

SATURDAY
EVENT CHAIR (2): Paul Dudley, Laura Wheelock
REGISTRATION (2): Bill A.
TECH INSPECTION (2): Cyrus, Larson
WORKER COORDINATOR (2):Beverly Menard
NOVICE SCHOOL INSTRUCTORS (several): Bill A., Paul, Nick, Peter, Cyrus, Chris R.,

SUNDAY
EVENT CHAIR (2): Paul Dudley, Nick G.
REGISTRATION (2): Bill A.
TECH INSPECTION (2):
WORKER COORDINATOR (2):
Laura
'11 FORD F150
'05 Legacy GT
'04 Swedish Minivan aka XC70
'04 STI when I'm allowed!
BugEyeRex
SCCV Board Advisor
SCCV Board Advisor

Post by BugEyeRex »

I can help out on Sunday. Saturday, I would be available late morning to help.
Chris SCCV #169

93 Blue Impreza Wrx conversion (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
honda8790

Post by honda8790 »

Cool! I plan to attend both days.

I could instruct, but there are many other people that are better than me. If the list of instructors is short, let me know.
00 Honda S2000 - Summer Fun
pdudley42
SCCV President
SCCV President

Post by pdudley42 »

Peter, I think you are an ideal instructor. This is one of those things where the more, the merrier. If we get 15 novices and 15 instructors, we may can pair-up one each for the entire day. Anyone else for instructor???
Another critical job to a fast flowing event is worker coordinator...well, two actually. One per run group. Experience kind of counts here. It's not as important that you know what you're doing as it is to make sure everyone else knows what they should be doing.
Paul Dudley #42

There are no accidents; only collisions.
stig

Post by stig »

I believe I have to work on Saturday, but I should be there in some capacity on Sunday!
tiFreak

Post by tiFreak »

if all works out well I should be there on Sunday, I need to either fix my current track car or finalize the deal on one of the other cars I'm looking at
Brendan Murray
SCCV #318
BMWCCA #405199
Chouse

Post by Chouse »

I'm pretty sure I'll be around that weekend. If so I'll volunteer for Tech, and could instruct too I guess...
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Put me down for a spot to work whenever im not racing. Although if I keep up with all the work down at the shop, I wont have enough time to prepare my own car, or show up extremely lacking power with the Ej18 slushbox combo. Either way, count this as my RSVP thats subject to change. If im not racing, i'll be down to mingle/work

Dylan
Valkyrie Motorsports
Impreza #595
bean

Post by bean »

I'll be there. Probably dual-driving the Impreza with my Mom, as her Spitfire isn't quite ready to rock, yet. She could always take the Legacy, but there's a high probability of it exploding. :lol:

I also have some friends going, so there'll be some new faces there as well.